News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Little grey kitten passed away.  :'(
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Firebird

"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Velma

Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

OldGit

QuoteLittle grey kitten passed away.  :'(

That's so sad about the kitten, Buddy.  What happened?

Asmodean

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 12, 2016, 06:17:54 PM
Quote from: Tom62 on June 12, 2016, 06:15:56 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 12, 2016, 03:26:06 PM
Any news, Tom?
Despite several promises, the b'stard didn't phone back.

What a -censored-!
Is the word you are looking for behind that censored tag "cunt"? Or are you speaking in less ad-hominem terms, in which case, "fuck"? The Asmo is feeling prone to misunderstandings today, so He demands clarification.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tom62

Quote from: Asmodean on June 13, 2016, 09:54:04 AM
Any news, Tom?

What a -censored-!
Is the word you are looking for behind that censored tag "cunt"? Or are you speaking in less ad-hominem terms, in which case, "fuck"? The Asmo is feeling prone to misunderstandings today, so He demands clarification.

B'Stard comes from the UK comedy series The New Statesman in which Rick Mayall plays the role of Alan B'Stard, the egocentric MP who stops at nothing to further his career. I'm a great admirer of him  ;). Here is one of his speeches about NHS waitinglists.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Buddy on June 12, 2016, 09:39:54 PM
Little grey kitten passed away.  :'(

I'm really sorry Bud....poor little thing. :'(
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Arturo

My Dad keeps taking control of my life and causing problems. Really need to get away from him but can't because I have so many problems.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on June 13, 2016, 09:54:04 AM
Any news, Tom?

What a -censored-!

I didn't mean anything especific, I used that tag more as a blank card, which could be anything.  ;)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Asmodean

Quote from: Apathy on June 14, 2016, 01:12:26 AM
My Dad keeps taking control of my life and causing problems. Really need to get away from him but can't because I have so many problems.
Hmm... Are you sure about that? Everyone has problems, and some people have big ones. There usually are ways of dealing with them that do not involve parents though.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

We lost both kittens. I'm sad but not very surprised. Babies that are orphaned that young don't have a very good chance of survival. Doesn't make it any less sad though.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Buddy on June 14, 2016, 02:55:22 PM
We lost both kittens. I'm sad but not very surprised. Babies that are orphaned that young don't have a very good chance of survival. Doesn't make it any less sad though.

Sorry to hear that.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

That's an awful shame.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Guardian85

Damn! Sorry , Buddy.
The world could have used more cuteness.

In other news, there has been a mix up with my tickets. It seems I have tickets for one day later then I thought. So I am stuck in Copenhagen until tomorrow.

Well, at least I got to spend the evening at the Hard Rock Cafe watching the Portugal-Iceland match. Pretty excting game, and I don't even follow football.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-