News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Tom62 on May 22, 2016, 01:50:12 PM
When the city repaired the road, they had to renew all sewage connections from our house to the road. The city itself is nearly bankrupt, so they charged us for these sewage connections. According to German law, they could have charged us for the road repair as well, so basically I should be happy that they didn't.

That sounds odd, though it does have some appeal.  If you pay for the road you must get to tell people to keep orf it, or charge them for wear and tear.  I think I'd enjoy shaking my walking stick at people and yelling "keep orf my bloody road" themed abuse at passers by.  I don't have a walking stick but I do have a seven iron and this sounds more fun that golf.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Tom62

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 22, 2016, 09:27:08 PM
That's awful news, Tom. Sorry to hear it. :(

Thanks!

Latest news is that tomorrow they will turn off all the machines that keeps her alive  :'(. Last Friday her heart stopped beating and they only managed to revive her after 20 minutes. There is probably nothing much left in the brain that is worthwhile saving.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

Quote from: Tom62 on May 24, 2016, 07:01:24 PM

Thanks!

Latest news is that tomorrow they will turn off all the machines that keeps her alive  :'(. Last Friday her heart stopped beating and they only managed to revive her after 20 minutes. There is probably nothing much left in the brain that is worthwhile saving.
So sorry to read this.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

MariaEvri

Quote from: Tank on May 24, 2016, 07:44:29 PM

Thanks!

So sorry to read this.

:(
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Firebird

Thanks!

I'm so sorry to hear, Tom.
I know it may be too soon to ask this, but do you consider the hospital at fault? It sounds like a major fuck up based on what you said.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Magdalena

That's so sad, I'm sorry to hear this, Tom62.  :'(

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Buddy

I went to have the air conditioner in my car looked at today. I figured that all it needed was a recharge and that I would be good to go. Nope. Turns out I am missing half of my air compressor and that it needs to be completely replaced. The garage was estimating over 1000 dollars for parts and labor.

I don't even know how half of my compressor came to be missing in the first place.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Guardian85

Quote from: Buddy on May 25, 2016, 11:35:42 PM
I went to have the air conditioner in my car looked at today. I figured that all it needed was a recharge and that I would be good to go. Nope. Turns out I am missing half of my air compressor and that it needs to be completely replaced. The garage was estimating over 1000 dollars for parts and labor.

I don't even know how half of my compressor came to be missing in the first place.
How does one misplace half of a compressor?  :???:

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Guardian85

Quote from: Buddy on May 26, 2016, 01:18:39 AM
That is a great question.
You should call the previous owner. Ask him what he did with the other half. Just to satisfy my/our/everybody's curiosity.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Buddy

I got Charlie from a dealership so I guess we will never know.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tom62

Quote from: Firebird on May 24, 2016, 08:29:52 PM

Thanks!

I know it may be too soon to ask this, but do you consider the hospital at fault? It sounds like a major fuck up based on what you said.

My brother in law will try to sue the clinic, that performed the operation. If they would have done a proper job, his wife would still be alive (she passed away yesterday). 
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

Quote from: Tom62 on May 26, 2016, 08:10:20 AM

Thanks!

My brother in law will try to sue the clinic, that performed the operation. If they would have done a proper job, his wife would still be alive (she passed away yesterday).
What a waste, what a tragedy. I hope lessons are learned. Condolences to your whole family.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Firebird

Quote from: Tom62 on May 26, 2016, 08:10:20 AM

Thanks!

My condolences. At the very least, you should get the word out about what happened to prevent another tragedy.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Recusant

Quote from: Tom62 on May 26, 2016, 08:10:20 AMIf they would have done a proper job, his wife would still be alive (she passed away yesterday).

I'm very sorry to hear about your family's loss, Tom.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken