News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

They were discussing the probability of Mr Dick-Head, I mean Trump being the Republican nominee on the radio this morning, and the thought of having to live through an election process for months on end with him as the nominee is literally depressing as hell...guess I'm not really grumpy, but I don't think I will be able to handle that very well, basically we're fucked.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Icarus

Not to worry Bruno. If the Trumpster is nominated as the candidate, he will have his ass handed to him in the general election. That is a reality even if Mortimer Snerd happened to be the opposition. The American public is none too bright but they are not comatose.

Davin

I think that's the way it will go down, but there is still reason to worry. While the last two times Republicans fought for the nominee weren't as insane as this time, the pattern is about the same. The successful strategy is to act like an angry, drunk, racist, sexist, loser uncle, until they get the nomination. Then they tone it down from 11 to 4, and the average American forgets or maybe just doesn't care how insane the nominee sounded while running for the nomination. Even most of those in the same party forget or no longer care about all the crazy shit the nominee promised, they forget or are apathetic to all the back pedaling, inconsistency, and wishy-washy 180° about faces... while they accuse their opponent of doing it.

Then there are idiots that will vote for the moron just because he is the Republican nominee, I've lost all hope that there are many in the Republican party that aren't complete dipshits, based on how well Trump is doing.

And then there are a bunch of people that just don't pay all that much attention at all.

So, there are a lot of reasons to worry. And everyone should be worried because Trump's no longer a joke.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Firebird

I'm cautiously optimistic because even the Republican party itself thinks it's fucked if he's the nominee, to the point that they're telling their donors that their money will go only to re-elect Senate candidates, because they want nothing to do with Trump's run. And even if he tones down the rhetoric now, he's gone way too far in the age of YouTube to escape all the crap he said up until this moment.
But yes, it's going to be a rough few months. If it ends with the Democrats in both the White House and taking over the Senate again, I'll say it's worth it. Hillary may have her flaws, but at the very least it's vital that she be the one picking the next Supreme Court justice.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Pasta Chick

I'll still take a Trump nomination over Cruz. Same ideology, Cruz being more extreme on some points - with a sneaky front.

We're reaching a turning point either way. The Republican Party can not continue on like this. It's just a question of how far things will go, and whether or not we end up in civil war.

Ecurb Noselrub

It will be Hillary v. Trump in the general, and Hillary will win.  The Republic is safe.

Firebird

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on April 29, 2016, 07:25:16 PM
It will be Hillary v. Trump in the general, and Hillary will win.  The Republic is safe.

Hillary, yes, despite the bellyaching of a bunch of Bernie supporters who refuse the accept it. I honestly think Bernie himself is somewhat embarrassed by things like this:

Superdelegates facing venom from Sanders supporters

Trump probably,  but the party is doing its hardest to find a way to block him. There's going to be lots of fireworks regardless. I'll get the popcorn ready.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

jumbojak

I was working on tha lawnmower when it started to rain. Now I have a disassembled mower sitting with parts waiting to go on. And I'm WET!  >:(

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Essie Mae

Sorry to hear that Jumbojak. Perhaps Monday won't seem so bad now.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

jumbojak

Thank you Ess. The rain broke later this afternoon and I was able to get new cable on and the mower back together. It's a good thing I picked up a set of Torx drivers last week on a whim. The dash panel was loaded with them and if I had gone through the trouble of getting the panel off only to find I needed to drive forty-five minutes to get a tool I wouldn't have been grumpy. I would've been pissed!

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Biggus Dickus

JJ your lawnmower story reminded me I need to get my mowers blade sharpen, going to take it in tomorrow.

Icarus

Late breaking news, Tuesday. Trump wins Indiana decisively. Cruz withdraws from the race. That leaves only Kasich to oppose the big guy.

WTF were the Hoosiers thinking? 

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Icarus on May 04, 2016, 05:39:07 AM
Late breaking news, Tuesday. Trump wins Indiana decisively. Cruz withdraws from the race. That leaves only Kasich to oppose the big guy.

Indiana is one really fucked up state, might as well move it south and stick it in-between Alabama and Georgia ;D

What this means is we have to deal with Trump as the GOP candidate for the next 6 months...don't think he can win, whether he goes against Hillary or the Bern, but I simply can't fathom having to listen, see, read about him everyday between now and the election (More so than even now, especially in the fall).

This depresses me to no end, seriously... :'(

Harmonie

Quote from: Icarus on May 04, 2016, 05:39:07 AM

You talk as if Cruz was really all of that much better.

I don't know whether to be more happy that Cruz was defeated, or more mortified that someone like Trump actually just became the Republican candidate.

But then I remember it's the Republican party, and ever since I've had the ability to vote (and before) I have never known a Republican candidate I've considered likable.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Firebird

It's possible this will end up being the greatest thing that could happen to the Democrats. There are Republicans jumping ship left and right and even saying they'll vote for Hillary. At least, that's what's I'm telling myself to stave off the fact that I'm fucking terrified. But seriously, Cruz would have been far, far worse, as he would have ultimately held the party together, barely. Trump has exposed the rotten, racist, misogynist core of the party and ripped it wide open to see, replacing the dog whistles with air horns.
Yes, Hillary's got issues, but at least I don't have to worry about her trying to ban my in-laws from the country.