News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom62

It is raining here as well. The weather forecasters however got it wrong, because they predicted sunny weather with temperatures around 18-20 degrees Celsius.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Harmonie

It's not raining here. I kind of wish it were, because it's sunny and I hate it when it's sunny.  >:(

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

MariaEvri

Quote from: Harmonie on March 25, 2016, 02:56:21 PM
It's not raining here. I kind of wish it were, because it's sunny and I hate it when it's sunny.  >:(

same here. I literally hiss at the sun
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Firebird

Quote from: MariaEvri on March 25, 2016, 04:24:28 PM
Quote from: Harmonie on March 25, 2016, 02:56:21 PM

same here. I literally hiss at the sun

Because....?
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Harmonie

Well for me, that would be because it's bright and brings about heat. Too much heat.

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Harmonie on March 25, 2016, 05:25:14 PM
Well for me, that would be because it's bright and brings about heat. Too much heat.
Your constant displeasure with nice weather doesn't suggest such a Harmonious name, nor such a cute, pink pony avatar.

8)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Harmonie

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on March 25, 2016, 07:36:31 PM
Quote from: Harmonie on March 25, 2016, 05:25:14 PM
Your constant displeasure with nice weather doesn't suggest such a Harmonious name, nor such a cute, pink pony avatar.

8)

Geez, I already changed my username once because the last one just didn't fit me anymore! But I will stand up for this one, because as I just explained in the username topic, 'Harmonie' is a different term from 'Harmony'.

Tank

4 days off from data wrangling. What do I end up doing for my wife? Fucking data wrangling!  :rant1:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on March 26, 2016, 12:31:52 PM
4 days off from data wrangling. What do I end up doing for my wife? Fucking data wrangling!  :rant1:

:therethere:

I suggest you buy a Data doll and wrangle with that. Playing some really loud rock music is optional, but recommended. :smilenod:

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 26, 2016, 04:36:41 PM

I suggest you buy a Data doll and wrangle with that. Playing some really loud rock music is optional, but recommended. :smilenod:
Well I turned 72 questionnaires, 720 responses into an 18 page spread sheet containing about 30 charts. I'll have to admit the data was interesting it's a piece of preliminary research my wife is doing on the way 11 to 15 year olds interact with cyber space. It turned up some really interesting trends. Unfortunately I can't discuss them here as they will go onto form the basis of future funded research.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on March 26, 2016, 04:46:36 PM

Well I turned 72 questionnaires, 720 responses into an 18 page spread sheet containing about 30 charts. I'll have to admit the data was interesting it's a piece of preliminary research my wife is doing on the way 11 to 15 year olds interact with cyber space. It turned up some really interesting trends. Unfortunately I can't discuss them here as they will go onto form the basis of future funded research.

That does sound interesting. For now I can only wonder what does trends are then.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Velma

Are there spreadsheets and charts and graphs?
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Tank on March 26, 2016, 04:46:36 PM

I'll save her the trouble.....it ends in tears. On a daily fucking basis where I work!

Buddy

Indiana's governor fucking sucks. He just made it illegal to have any abortion unless the fetus has a fatal illness. Not if the mother is in danger just the fetus. The woman is also required to notify the state if an abortion happens.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Guardian85

Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 26, 2016, 10:53:17 PM
Indiana's governor fucking sucks. He just made it illegal to have any abortion unless the fetus has a fatal illness. Not if the mother is in danger just the fetus. The woman is also required to notify the state if an abortion happens.
Wouldn't that fly in the face of the supreme court decisions on the matter?

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-