News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pasta Chick

I'm convinced those no longer exist. Maybe they were a feature of the Berenstein bear universe. There used to be like 4 of them in a box of regular band aids along with the tiny little strips for finger tips and things... Which was still woefully inadequate, BUT AT LEAST WE HAD SOME. Now they come in huge, somewhat smaller, and weird middle size that I keep grabbing thinking it's the somewhat smaller one because there's barely a difference. THAT makes me grumpy.

Velma

Since it has been four months and my knee fracture still hasn't healed, I'm going to have to have my knee replaced. That means major surgery, at least two days in the hospital, three to six weeks off work, and extensive physical therapy.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Guardian85

Quote from: Velma on February 10, 2016, 11:01:49 PM
Since it has been four months and my knee fracture still hasn't healed, I'm going to have to have my knee replaced. That means major surgery, at least two days in the hospital, three to six weeks off work, and extensive physical therapy.
Bummer. Hope it works out.

While they're in there ask for a knee with bluetooth.

Everything is better with bluetooth.  ;D

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Biggus Dickus

That is a bummer Velma, especially after what you've had to endure for the past four month, but I know several folks who have had knee replacement surgery, and they are so happy to have gotten the work done as all the issues and problems they had before have disappeared.
Also the recover period is quite fast, anyways best of luck to you.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Velma

I knew it was a possibility, but it still caught me by surprise. I suppose I had only accepted it on an intellectual level.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Tank

Blast and bugger it!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Velma

Quote from: Tank on February 11, 2016, 01:12:17 PM
Blast and bugger it!
I think I said something like "Oh, crud" at the news.  :)

Guardian85

Quote from: Tank on February 11, 2016, 01:12:17 PM
Blast and bugger it!
In her current condition I don't think engaging in buggery would be a good idea...  ;)

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Buddy

Bad ninja, no sex jokes in the grumpy thread!

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Budhorse4 on February 12, 2016, 04:56:58 PM
Bad ninja, no sex jokes in the grumpy thread!

What about Grumpy Sex? Can we talk or discuss that?

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Biggus Dickus

Guardian85

-Unknown Smartass-

Velma

You never realize how much your knee is involved in things like putting on pants or shoes until it is injured. Some days there is a lot of whimpering while I am getting dressed. It is like discovering just how important that muscle in your back is to everyday movement only after you strain it.   ;D

Guardian85

Quote from: Velma on February 12, 2016, 08:45:47 PM
You never realize how much your knee is involved in things like putting on pants or shoes until it is injured. Some days there is a lot of whimpering while I am getting dressed. It is like discovering just how important that muscle in your back is to everyday movement only after you strain it.   ;D
Having spent three months with my left leg literally screwed together I can totally sympathize.  :therethere:

-Unknown Smartass-