News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGit

Quote from: jumbojak on January 29, 2016, 04:42:59 AM
Time for a new thermostat. I really don't feel like draining the coolant so I may try a trick where you blow the coolant into the overflow tank with an air compressor. This could result in an epic mess if it doesn't work.

Good luck, jj!  I hope you've got good waterproof clothing! ;D

And I hope the Grey One will soon be blessed with a multitude of ratties!

OldGit

Quote from: Essie Mae on January 23, 2016, 07:56:45 PM
Quote from: OldGit on January 19, 2016, 03:19:44 PM
I'm getting seriously annoyed over this house purchase.  Last week we were told that all can go ahead when the buyer's solicitor gets a certain letter.  This she has now got, but she still won't proceed because of two issues which we thought had been cleared up before Christmas.  It seems she's deliberately stalling, but we can't see why.  Steam is now issuing from my ears and nostrils. >:(

Feel for you OG - the not knowing what is behind all this stalling is just as bad as the actual problem.  Is there any possibilty that you might lose the house you are moving into?

Sorry I missed that post, E-M.  The answer is, we were in some danger of that, but not now.  Phew.

Velma

Saw my rheumatologist last Friday. He confirmed that my rheumatoid arthritis is slowing the healing of my fractured/sprained knee, especially the sprained ligament. This is not new information, but somehow having it confirmed by a second doctor makes it more depressing.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Buddy

So I was scrolling through the local news station's Facebook page to find a particular article and I come across a post about a new bill that just got passed in Indiana for LGBT rights. I know that reading the comments on anything is always a bad idea but the comments on that article were nothing short of infuriating and depressing. It is honestly scary to see how many people in the city I live in would be happy to see me beaten and ridiculed.

I think I'm going to get off the internet for a while and snuggle with my cats.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Budhorse4 on January 30, 2016, 01:13:04 AM
So I was scrolling through the local news station's Facebook page to find a particular article and I come across a post about a new bill that just got passed in Indiana for LGBT rights. I know that reading the comments on anything is always a bad idea but the comments on that article were nothing short of infuriating and depressing. It is honestly scary to see how many people in the city I live in would be happy to see me beaten and ridiculed.

Bummer Bud, well just remember there's an awful lot of people who don't feel that way, so fuck-off I say to those ignorant, sodden toads...anyway here's "Hugs" if you want them, and keep an eye on those "kats". One minute your snuggling, and the next thing you know they've sucked out yer' soul.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on January 30, 2016, 02:20:58 AM

Bummer Bud, well just remember there's an awful lot of people who don't feel that way, so fuck-off I say to those ignorant, sodden toads...anyway here's "Hugs" if you want them, and keep an eye on those "kats". One minute your snuggling, and the next thing you know they've sucked out yer' soul.
Bruno!

Please!
I can't even...

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

There will always be deadheads. We love you  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

What Tank said.  If you come and live in Europe, you won't get this. ;D

Essie Mae

Quote from: OldGit on January 29, 2016, 12:24:33 PM
Quote from: Essie Mae on January 23, 2016, 07:56:45 PM
Quote from: OldGit on January 19, 2016, 03:19:44 PM
I'm getting seriously annoyed over this house purchase.  Last week we were told that all can go ahead when the buyer's solicitor gets a certain letter.  This she has now got, but she still won't proceed because of two issues which we thought had been cleared up before Christmas.  It seems she's deliberately stalling, but we can't see why.  Steam is now issuing from my ears and nostrils. >:(

Feel for you OG - the not knowing what is behind all this stalling is just as bad as the actual problem.  Is there any possibilty that you might lose the house you are moving into?

Well good luck for Wednesday!

Sorry I missed that post, E-M.  The answer is, we were in some danger of that, but not now.  Phew.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Essie Mae

Well please don't include HAF in your reduced internet usage.  :daisies:
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Firebird

Quote from: OldGit on January 30, 2016, 09:22:58 AM
What Tank said.  If you come and live in Europe, you won't get this. ;D

Hell, just move to one of the coasts, or a city like Chicago if you don't want to go too far. I've heard Bloomington is a pocket of progressive sanity in Indiana too.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

OldGit

OK, but we want Buddy to come and live with us.  After all, she started off life as a European. ;)

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

Quote from: Magdalena on February 01, 2016, 10:09:08 PM
Asthma. >:(
I grew out of asthma but I remember it vividly. Horrible. Hope it clears up soon.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on February 02, 2016, 06:31:25 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on February 01, 2016, 10:09:08 PM
Asthma. >:(
I grew out of asthma but I remember it vividly. Horrible. Hope it clears up soon.
Thank you, Tank:hug:
It is horrible isn't it?
Mine started when I was 21 years old, I don't think it'll ever go away.  :-\