News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I took a rather extended nap in the afternoon and now I don't feel like I'll fall asleep easily, even though I'm tired.  :sad sigh:

I'm out of monotonous audiobooks to listen to. I've got to find another one.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Essie Mae

Quote from: OldGit on November 13, 2015, 09:56:19 AM
Quote from: Essie MaeI suppose you're leaving the backwater that is Herefordshire and returning to civilisation.

True, but I'll be in Shropshire.  In the good old days before the Norman Conquest, I'd still be in the same area of Anglo-Saxon England - the land of the Magonsæte.  Shropshire is nearly as good, and still far preferable to Herts. 

There's no hope for some people, (although I don'tmuch like Herts either; I'd rather be in London). Hope you're very happy in your new place. Are you all straight yet?
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

OldGit

Thank you, Essie May.  No, we haven't moved yet, the lawyers are still messing about.  The people I'm buying from and the lady who's buying ours both want to move by Christmas, so fingers crossed.

Recusant

Quote from: OldGit on November 17, 2015, 07:44:38 PM
Thank you, Essie May.  No, we haven't moved yet, the lawyers are still messing about.  The people I'm buying from and the lady who's buying ours both want to move by Christmas, so fingers crossed.

I've been around for a move in the UK. Much different (and more stressful) than the usual move in the US. In the UK, it's like hermit crabs. That is, my experience has been that everybody has to move on the same day, so you have people leaving and people coming in to places all on the same day. I'm told that's considered normal. Amazing. In the US, people are generally fully moved out days, sometimes weeks before the new owners move in.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

OldGit

All true.  It can be extremely inconvenient, especially if the person ahead of you is late "completing", as it is called.  This may not be too bad, there are only three of us in the chain.

Insoluble

Quote from: Recusant on November 18, 2015, 01:30:46 AM
Quote from: OldGit on November 17, 2015, 07:44:38 PM

I've been around for a move in the UK. Much different (and more stressful) than the usual move in the US. In the UK, it's like hermit crabs. That is, my experience has been that everybody has to move on the same day, so you have people leaving and and people coming in to places all on the same day. I'm told that's considered normal. Amazing. In the US, people are generally fully moved out days, sometimes weeks before the new owners move in.

hmmm
I'm happy, hope you're happy too

Velma

Saw the orthopedist today. I will using the wheelchair for three more weeks.  :(
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

OldGit

Let's hope it's no longer than that.

Guardian85

So Murphy's law is alive and well.
Just got a 6000,- NOK auto repair bill. Apparently the mufflers on my recently purchased van were so badly rusted that they came loose.  >:(
All fixed and shiny now, but I had planned much more fun with those monies.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

OldGit

Stone me, that's over £450 in our money.  Hard luck, Guardian! :'(

Tank

Quote from: Guardian85 on November 19, 2015, 11:03:10 AM
Just got a 6000,- NOK auto repair bill. Apparently the mufflers on my recently purchased van were so badly rusted that they came loose.  >:(
Looks like you'll be on bread and water over here  ;)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Velma

That is truly a reason to be grumpy!
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

xSilverPhinx

That sucks!  :(
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

He's sitting here knocking back a brandy  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.