News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Velma

Quote from: Tank on October 20, 2015, 09:32:13 PM
Quote from: Velma on October 20, 2015, 08:20:20 PM
I fell at work last night and broke my knee.
Oh Asmo! How bad? Is it bones and/or ligaments?
Not sure of the extent of the damage  yet. Still havent seen the doctor.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Velma

Doctor just left. No break after all. However, there is a lot of swelling and "a significant amount of arthritis" in my right knee. Like I needed a doctor to tell me that.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

jumbojak

Velma and I should get matching walkers. I sprained my ankle tonight chasing cows. Work. Will. Suck. Tomorrow.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Firebird

Hope you guys feel better. Sounds awful
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Velma

Quote from: jumbojak on October 21, 2015, 12:50:34 AM
Velma and I should get matching walkers. I sprained my ankle tonight chasing cows. Work. Will. Suck. Tomorrow.
Actually, the doctor did say they were going to try to get me up and moving around with a walker. I think they are going to have to take the IV line out of the back of my hand.

Tank

Quote from: Velma on October 20, 2015, 11:16:59 PM
Doctor just left. No break after all. However, there is a lot of swelling and "a significant amount of arthritis" in my right knee. Like I needed a doctor to tell me that.
Well that's relatively good news. Hope things clear up soon.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

That's nasty, Velma.  Hot whisky and lemon will help, if you add enough whisky.

Velma

Quote from: OldGit on October 21, 2015, 10:39:25 AM
That's nasty, Velma.  Hot whisky and lemon will help, if you add enough whisky.
Doubt the hospital would allow that while I am here.

Still haven't seen anyone ftom physical therapy. Also supposed to have an ultrasound tomorrow, but I  will  not be holding my breath.

Biggus Dickus

I hope you feel better soon Velma.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Insoluble

I was doing my usual walk and:

I didn't think they were about.
Slipped away before I got a photo.

Fuck http://www.whatsnakeisthat.com.au/nsw/mid-north-coast.html
We have death adders now.
I knew there was the odd tiger.
Blackies, there's always blackies.
I hate the internet.
I'm happy, hope you're happy too

Insoluble

Quote from: Essie Mae on October 20, 2015, 08:25:18 PMI'd be pleased for any tips on how to keep other people's germs away.

Engulf peoples in flame as soon as you see them.
Of course the leftist conspiracy has arranged it so an honest citizen can't get his flame thrower on a plane these days.
You'll probably just have to take your chances.
I'm happy, hope you're happy too

Buddy

Pretty sure I'm becoming lactose intolerant. I was in denial for a while but I did an experiment where I cut out all dairy for a week then last night I went out for ice cream last night and I am seriously regretting that today. Plus I just bought a whole tub of delicious chocolate ice cream.   ;-;
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

I just burnt my frozen mozzarella pizza diner. Seriously why aren't smart ovens widespread here already? :headshake:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Recusant

Quote from: Insoluble on October 22, 2015, 01:40:13 PM
I was doing my usual walk and:

I didn't think they were about.
Slipped away before I got a photo.

Fuck http://www.whatsnakeisthat.com.au/nsw/mid-north-coast.html
We have death adders now.
I knew there was the odd tiger.
Blackies, there's always blackies.
I hate the internet.

The Eastern Brown snake is listed as the 2nd most poisonous terrestrial snake in the world. With armament like that, they may be able to harm even Insoluble Puddings?
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

philosoraptor

Grumpy isn't quite the word.  Heartbroken is more like it.

We had to put our favorite cat to sleep today.  He was diagnosed with renal failure just two weeks ago, and he went downhill really fast before we even had a chance to try and treat him.  In the last two weeks alone, he lost 3 pounds on top of the 5 pounds he had already lost leading up to his diagnosis, which is a very significant weight loss for a cat.  It got worse over the last three days.  He wasn't eating or drinking, he couldn't use the litter box, he could barely walk, he smelled like death and he was meowing like he was distressed and in pain.  We could've spent thousands trying to stabilize/treat him, but the vet (who put him to sleep) told us it was a crap shoot and that it likely wouldn't help at such an advanced stage of his illness.  We might've been able to prolong his life, but it would've been selfish to do so.  I'm just furious, because the emergency vet who diagnosed him made it seem like he wasn't as sick as he was, mainly because they wanted 2k to do "intensive treatment" that apparently wouldn't have made a difference anyway.  I was prepared to do treatment with him at home, because I'm more than capable of administering the subcutaneous fluids and medications he would've needed, but I didn't know what to do because I saw two different vets and they each told me completely contradictory things in regards to treating for KD at home.  I was still researching our best options for treating him without emptying our bank account, and he just took a sudden turn for the worst.  I thought we would have more time.  I was not ready for this, and I feel like I'm not emotionally equipped to deal with this right now.

I know that the right thing and the easiest thing are rarely the same thing, but fuck, doing the right thing shouldn't hurt this bad.
"Come ride with me through the veins of history,
I'll show you how god falls asleep on the job.
And how can we win when fools can be kings?
Don't waste your time or time will waste you."
-Muse