News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Quote from: Guardian85 on October 18, 2015, 03:07:58 PM
So apparently the incompetence of management at the office truly knows no bounds. After the decision was made to let me go apparently the manager got sick and didn't file the paperwork until this week. So it took nearly a month to process my dismissal and I have to stay in this mess for another month until the contract runs out.

Holy shit that sucks.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

OldGit

How wonderful for you, G85! (Not)

I've just heard at our dog-training class that somebody is leaving cocktail sausages lying in the park at Abergavenny, laced with rat-poison and nails.  There are some sick people around.  I just hope it doesn't spread here.

Velma

OG, that is horrible! Some people certainly deserve a beating with a spiked stick!

I'm grumpy because I ordered a cover my my tablet and it does not fit. The description matched, but it is far too narrow. Now I have to return the one that come today and find another one.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Firebird

Quote from: OldGit on October 19, 2015, 12:05:27 PM
How wonderful for you, G85! (Not)

I've just heard at our dog-training class that somebody is leaving cocktail sausages lying in the park at Abergavenny, laced with rat-poison and nails.  There are some sick people around.  I just hope it doesn't spread here.

What kind of sick fuck does that?? Wow.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

OldGit

I've googled the story, and found that it's essentially true, though the sausages contained only nails and not poison.  It seems this has been done in other places, too, and at one place antifreeze was used.

There was an attempt to blame it on Muslims, which seems bloody silly to me - but then why is it happening?

Insoluble

Quote from: OldGit on October 20, 2015, 09:19:08 AM
I've googled the story, and found that it's essentially true, though the sausages contained only nails and not poison.  It seems this has been done in other places, too, and at one place antifreeze was used.

There was an attempt to blame it on Muslims, which seems bloody silly to me - but then why is it happening?

It sounds harsh but I've heard they have a problem with dogs running free in Abergavenny, particularly red ones.
I'm happy, hope you're happy too

OldGit

MariaEvri

QuoteHow far are you out?
there are actually 100 euro MORE than it should be,
You;ll say at least it's not less but it's still logistics trouble. I have absolutely 0 idea how that happened
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

MariaEvri

QuoteSo apparently the incompetence of management at the office truly knows no bounds. After the decision was made to let me go apparently the manager got sick and didn't file the paperwork until this week. So it took nearly a month to process my dismissal and I have to stay in this mess for another month until the contract runs out.
that sucks. That means one month without unemployment benefit
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Velma

I fell at work last night and broke my knee.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Essie Mae

I went about 30 years without having a cold, but I have one now, and had one in January, both caught on long-haul flights back home from Australia. As these flights are going to be a regular event if I want to see the family regularly, (spending the kid's inheritance in order to see the kid), I'd be pleased for any tips on how to keep other people's germs away.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Essie Mae

Quote from: Velma on October 20, 2015, 08:20:20 PM

Really sorry to hear that Velma; it sounds painful and I guess you will beoff work for a while.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Velma

Quote from: Essie Mae on October 20, 2015, 08:26:40 PM

Really sorry to hear that Velma; it sounds painful and I guess you will beoff work for a while.
Hurt horribly. My pain level has gotten up to 8 or 9 quite a few times.

Pain medication kicking in again. Nap time.

Tank

Oh Asmo! How bad? Is it bones and/or ligaments?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Guardian85

Quote from: MariaEvri on October 20, 2015, 08:08:33 PM

that sucks. That means one month without unemployment benefit
Well, I will still get paid during that month so it's not all bad.

Oh, that sucks. I hope at least they put you on the good pain killers?

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-