News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on September 06, 2022, 11:18:32 AMshe does not seem to have a progressive agenda

I don't think the brainless scum sucker even knows what the word means.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

That's probably for the better though... Progressives these days are... Not what they were or could have been.

Remember the time when "they" considered me another progressive? I do. Now, broadly the same people think I'm all sorts of istophobe. I still prefer progress to tradition - but not any kind of progress at the expense of any tradition. That hasn't changed - the debate, however, has. It's all about victimhood now, and the more you have, the more you should be listened to, for some reason. Like victims can't be as big or bigger idiots as the rest of us..! Bah!

The Asmo is going off on a rant as marvellous as this gentleman's moustache;
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ecurb Noselrub

The Magic Pudding.

Quote from: Asmodean on September 06, 2022, 12:45:39 PMThe Asmo is going off on a rant as marvellous as this gentleman's moustache;

Excellent hat, I can do without the soup strainer.

QuoteWhy are all movies so dark now?
It is simply a creative decision on color timing used to impose an aesthetic on the visual narrative. Movies are intended primarily to be exhibited in a theatrical setting. The relative darkness sometimes seems excessive when viewed in home exhibition, where you are viewing in less than nearly full dark conditions.

They do it in TV series too internet person, so your explanation does nothing to lessen my grump.

The Magic Pudding.

This:
"The relentless message in Russian media is that it's fighting the war to protect Christian values. Last December, a Russia-1 presenter took aim at Australia."
"In the West they continue to trample Christmas traditions into the mud. Parents in Australia are taking their children to transvestite shows for the whole family with allusions to gay sex and where gender transition is promoted for very young children."

That's supposed to be secret, how did they find out?
Probably balloons, I saw a suspicious one at the shop yesterday.
Probley.

Dark Lightning

Oz ain't "in the west", but nods in somewhat of that direction. It's in the back of my mind that "Russia" may actually do something stupid with nukes, given the rest of the stupid they're doing, like in Ukraine.

Asmodean

I think a suitably out-of-options Putin regime might try. Perhaps even "succeed," as such things go. They are not there yet, but if... Rather, when their Big(tm) Offensive(tm) gets bogged down in corruption, mismanagement and a determined Ukraine again... Nukes are a small, but real possibility in this war, methinks.

Think about it. What is Russia's exit strategy? Victory and the installation of a pro-russian government. Failing that, controlling the territories they recognised as their. What do they do failing that, as seems likely?
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Icarus

Quote from: The Magic Pudding. on February 24, 2023, 03:49:20 AMThis:
"The relentless message in Russian media is that it's fighting the war to protect Christian values. Last December, a Russia-1 presenter took aim at Australia."
"In the West they continue to trample Christmas traditions into the mud. Parents in Australia are taking their children to transvestite shows for the whole family with allusions to gay sex and where gender transition is promoted for very young children."

That's supposed to be secret, how did they find out?
Probably balloons, I saw a suspicious one at the shop yesterday.
Probley.

Same horseshit here in the US. In our case the Russians are not making the accusations, the far right Christians are.  All over the land the "righteous" ones are messing their pants about drag shows that they claim are designed for the sole purpose of grooming children to be gay.   

jumbojak

Dropped a plate tamper on my bad leg at work. Knee surgery is looking more and more probable every day.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dark Lightning

Hitting old injuries is no fun. Neither is getting injured in the first place. I hope you can get proper treatment and relief soon! :smilenod:

billy rubin

those fuckers are heavy

my left hip is so bad i dont complain about my right knee anymore. but surgery isnt yet in the cards

what level of insurance coverage do they give you?

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Asmodean

The Xbox Showcase 2023. I'm kind-of interested in a couple of titles there, though what I've seen of them makes me more worried than hopeful.

I suspect the next couple of years in game releases will, for my part, be largely filled with garbage I won't touch with a ten foot pole.  >:(
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

MarcusA

Go that expensive toy, Asmo. You want it, you need it.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

Asmodean

I do have an Xbox. And a gaming PC. It's just the availability of titles to look forward to has decreased of late. Some have ruined franchises with microtransactions, other with wokeness or real world politics in general, other still with releasing an unfinished product to then fix it later, which does nothing to help my first impression since until such time, the title is a buggy, unplayable mess..

I saw more potential for any combination of that in their showcase than for... Just making fun games for people to enjoy.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.