News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. B

I live 27 miles (43.5 kilometers) from where I work.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

No one

I live 93,000,000 miles/150,000,000 kilometers from the sun.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

my 250 ninja gets 90 mpg.

my ancient british twins all get mid-40s.

set the function, not the mechanism.

jumbojak

I'd get a motorcycle if the maintenance and insurance didn't make it a wash. At least, it was the last time I ran the numbers. At $5.00 a gallon getting to work is about to get a lot more expensive.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

billy rubin

maintenance is like nothing on modern machines. dunno about insurance. i just have liability on mine. maybe uninsured/underinsured.

if you live in an american city with carpool lanes you can generally commute in them on a motorcycle, and parking is much easier.

but the weather is always an issue. in arizona and california i could ride year round. here in ohio, no.

jumbojak

Insurance is very high here and the roads are terrible . It's hard on four wheels here but two get pounded by the corrugated roads and it isn't terribly safe. Lots of log trucks on my commute and they barely seem to notice my full size truck on a narrow road.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

billy rubin

motorcycles arent safe anywhere.

you got that right.

Biggus Dickus

Two things.

People here in the US who flaunt and parade their patriotism, aren't really patriots. Same as the Christians who flaunt and parade their religious beliefs, they aren't actually very nice people at all. (Some would say not real Christians, but that can go both ways)

Polyamory is wrong!!

It's either Multiamory or Polyphilia, but mixing greek and latin roots? Fucking wrong!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

jumbojak

No one

What about asshats who vehemently promote
their asshatism, Bruno?

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: No one on March 15, 2022, 03:31:42 PM
What about asshats who vehemently promote
their asshatism, Bruno?

I think you'll find that once you get to know us, you'll realize that we're decent folk! (Sure we may brag about the size of our bananas on occasion, butt other than that we is pretty cool) 8)

No one

I'm sure you're all fine folk.

I am not. I'm the asshat.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: No one on March 15, 2022, 08:53:30 PM
I'm sure you're all fine folk.

I am not. I'm the asshat.

NO...I am an Ass!

p.s. i think Keaton's character and performance was the very best part of that movie
p.p.s. of course Emma Thompson was divine.

Anyway I Am The Ass.

hermes2015

Don't beat yourselves up, guys. I've known some truly fine asses over the years.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames