News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. B

We have a cat named "BBQ"

Pronounced /ˈbärbəˌkyo͞o/
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Mr. B on February 14, 2022, 08:45:11 PM
We have a cat named "BBQ"

Pronounced /ˈbärbəˌkyo͞o/

As an atheist I've had barbecued baby obviously, but I've never tried BBQ'd kat...I imagine since kats are evil, the very offspring of the devil and Catholic nuns they would taste horrible!!

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Mr. B

Not bad but a little chewy. The secret is in the sauce.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Icarus

Several years ago, I had a loyal, intelligent, and all around wonderful dog.  His pedigree name was Midwatch Helmsman. Naturally, we called him Sailor. The breeder had temporarily named the pup, Barney.   I thought that to be an unsuitable name for such a fine dog.  We often called him Mister B, never Barney.  He was well worth the honorary title: Mister. He responded equally well to either name. 

Sailor or Mister B has his picture on the wall behind my computer screen.  Samuri Warrior, the most gentle and loving of my canine tribe was misnamed. We simply called him Sam. Sam is up there too.  So are Callie and Freckles, all Australian Shepards, and the big guy Teddy, the Bernese Mountain dog.

Mr. B

Biggus Dickus

C'mon folks this is the grump thread!

Stop talking about cute puppies, adorable dogs and the evil kats and kittens,...lets get back to complaining about stuff!!

(Good thing I'm not a mod, or I'd ban you all...except Bad Penny II with his wittle pee pee, poor fella ::))
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Mr. B

Ah! Okay.

Too many micro managers in this world. Whatever happened to free will? Money money money money money

billy rubin

bad news

driving north to washington i looked over and saw that my little 12 volt refridgerator wasnt working. the power supply was fine but the plug had melted.

i hsve a weeks worth of edible vegetation in there.

thought i was going to have to eat four pounds of lettuce for dinner

approx imately 340 kcals iirc

but the truck stop had a little snap on power ug that solved the problem. so good news

then i broke my knife blade trying to winkle out a taillight to look at the wiring because i have no braje lights again. so bad news

piss on technology

set the function, not the mechanism.

Mr. B

Quote from: billy rubin on February 15, 2022, 10:44:34 PM
piss on technology

I wouldn't recommend that coarse of action but I feel your pain.

Icarus

It's my pants dammit.  I cannot buy a pair of pants that I consider to be sensible.  Friggin fashion designers decided that skinny legged pants are the thing to have. That is about all you can buy these days, skinny legged pants and lowered waistline.  That is a curse that causes discomfort in the crotch area.  That is true even if you do not have the huge equipment that PB says that he has. 

Digging down into the real reason for these uncomfortable garments, I considered the economics.

Short waists mean that the fly zipper can be shorter.  Zippers are sold by the inch or other means of measurement. Shorter zippers cost less. 

Skinny legs mean that the pants will use less fabric.  A significant cost saving of materials on one pair of pants, multiplied by millions, is not chump change.

As for women's pants, I am almost aghast at the tightness that they seem to prefer...... or are they simply being exhibitionists.  Those "tights" must be difficult to get into and out of. 

Ecurb Noselrub

Tight pants cause low birth rates and micropenises.

billy rubin

the fabric is stretchy

i buy all my clothes at the farm supply store

set the function, not the mechanism.

Mr. B

Quote from: Icarus on February 16, 2022, 11:48:53 PM
Skinny legs mean that the pants will use less fabric.  A significant cost saving of materials on one pair of pants, multiplied by millions, is not chump change.

It's like putting only one cherry tomato in an airflight salad instead of two. Or selling 16oz of cereal instead of 18oz in the same sized box while raising the price at the same time!

It's not fashion or comfort or health...it's economics. Charge more for less but you gotta do it in slow gradual incriments and somehow convince people that what you are selling is what they want. Heard something today about a complaint against the "female" crash test dummies being too small. 4'11 at 108lbs. Not representative of the average female driver.

The crash test people justified their continued use of smaller versions of "male" crash test dummies due to the "fact" that smaller women are at greater risk of injury in a car crash than ...... larger women?

Anything to save a buck I guess.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Icarus on February 16, 2022, 11:48:53 PM
It's my pants dammit.  I cannot buy a pair of pants that I consider to be sensible.  Friggin fashion designers decided that skinny legged pants are the thing to have. That is about all you can buy these days, skinny legged pants and lowered waistline.  That is a curse that causes discomfort in the crotch area.  That is true even if you do not have the huge equipment that PB says that he has. 

Suure.

Digging down into the real reason for these uncomfortable garments, I considered the economics.

Short waists mean that the fly zipper can be shorter.  Zippers are sold by the inch or other means of measurement. Shorter zippers cost less. 

As for women's pants, I am almost aghast at the tightness that they seem to prefer...... or are they simply being exhibitionists.  Those "tights" must be difficult to get into and out of. 

My youngest sister bought some jeans one time that she had to squirm into on the floor of the changing room, and then couldn't get out of, thus the purchase. She also admitted to (another time) sitting in a tub of hot water and allowing them to shrink to her shape...and having the devil of a time getting them off. smh I bought some trousers a couple of years ago without checking, and discovered later that they were "slim fit" While I do have "chicken legs" :lol:, the trousers fit really tight, and I don't have a lot of ballroom in them. Maybe I'll go to the Army/Navy surplus store (do they even have those anymore?) and get some bell bottom trousers like I had in the Navy.

I personally enjoy the view of a vulva in tight women's trousers, though, especially when they are aroused.  :P

Tom62

A couple of years ago I bought three pairs of trousers that were definitely too tight. Instead of returning them to the online shop, I decided to lose weight sothat they would fit. So I lost 18kg. Now I own a several trousers that are way too loose ;).
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein