News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Re: Post YouTube videos that don't suck!

Started by Buddy, October 27, 2012, 08:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy

Bill Maher hits it on the head. I think he is probably the most honest celebrity I've heard. I agree with him.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

joeactor

Quote from: Randy on June 17, 2020, 03:21:49 PM
Bill Maher hits it on the head. I think he is probably the most honest celebrity I've heard. I agree with him.

I agree on this video.

He's been slipping lately, imo. Hits about 50/50 for me on things. And has been getting really preachy for an atheist.

joeactor

Etropy and Life (always wondered about this one...)

Tom62

A message from my favourite YouTube movie reviewer

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Davin

It's kind of funny to hear a man whine about other people whining about what other people are saying. If he objects to it so much, why contribute into the pool of things he objects to?

And death threats? Please. Death threats are unfortunately the status quo of putting things online. No matter what you say, or how you say it, some fragile little piece of shit will likely threaten your life. Probably a bunch of them. I've gotten a lot. One time all I posted was, "I don't agree." and got several death threats. That's a vary naive thing to bring into his rant.

Most of his points fall very flat and to anyone who's been online for a few years are pretty stupid. It's like those stupid astrology things, they pretty much apply to anyone and everything and only naive people think it matters.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Randy

I couldn't make out what he was saying. My hearing (thanks chemo) is bad and accents are difficult now. He seemed pretty insistent with whatever he was talking about.
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

billy rubin

i was looking up peter lorre from a an old old movie that apparently nobody but me in the whole world ever saw and came across this

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on July 08, 2020, 03:41:49 PM
i was looking up peter lorre from a an old old movie that apparently nobody but me in the whole world ever saw and came across this

Very interesting.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Recusant

Quote from: Randy on June 30, 2020, 11:27:50 PM
I couldn't make out what he was saying. My hearing (thanks chemo) is bad and accents are difficult now. He seemed pretty insistent with whatever he was talking about.

Many YouTube videos (including the one you were referring to) have captions available. If you're having difficulty with your sight as well, they won't be much help, though.  :(

Anyway, I came here to post this video, which has no sound at all.

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Randy

I enjoyed that. It's one of my favorites. She did an excellent rendition. Kudos to her.

Recusant

It's pretty good but it still ain't what they call rock and roll.  :snicker1:

She takes songs from the "classic rock" repertoire and does them up in her own style. I think her "Riders on the Storm" is fun.  ;D
— H. L. Mencken