News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Re: Post YouTube videos that don't suck!

Started by Buddy, October 27, 2012, 08:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

[vimeo]https://vimeo.com/330460762[/vimeo]

Sci-Fi short from one of the Red Dwarf people.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

joeactor

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

joeactor

Bad Penny II

QuoteHas political correctness gone mad? Are you triggered? What are snowflakes? What is identity politics? Platforming? Is too much free speech how you get fascism? Or too little free speech how you get fascism? Is there a Goldilocks of free speech? And how can we achieve it, with everyone telling you to just shut up?

Comedian and journalist Sami Shah investigates free speech in Australia.

A universal issue, not necessarily Oz specific.

https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/earshot/features/shutup-a-free-speech-investigation-with-sami-shah/
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Bad Penny II

I used to have a box grater, now I have a two sided one.
It has an in side and an out side and it's easy to clean.
I pity the poor fools who still use a box grater.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Tank

Two sided are flimsy and flexible. Boxes are strong. Boxes are best.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

joeactor

Quote from: Bad Penny II on April 27, 2019, 09:45:33 AM

I used to have a box grater, now I have a two sided one.
It has an in side and an out side and it's easy to clean.
I pity the poor fools who still use a box grater.

That was grate!

Tom62

Very interesting perspectives about modern anti-racism.

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

joeactor

Quote from: Tom62 on May 01, 2019, 03:35:45 PM
Very interesting perspectives about modern anti-racism.

He has a similar perspective to my own...

How will we know when we're past racism? When there's no need to talk about it (by anyone).

IMO, we'd do much better to focus on the root problems in our society. Poverty. Wealth inequity. Quality of education. Availability of health care. And how evenly all of it is distributed.

I'm ready to vote for IBM's Watson to run the planet.

MariaEvri

long time forum member/stalker, not much poster
I wanted t share this though
magical
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Icarus

The following video does not suck...well depending on your sense of humor.  This is one of the Julia Sweeney rants that I find  hilarious. Caution: contains naughty words on screen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAgyqY0L0F8