News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Re: Post YouTube videos that don't suck!

Started by Buddy, October 27, 2012, 08:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Quote from: Icarus on July 27, 2017, 07:58:13 AM
This lady is Brazilian so naturally I thought of xSP.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBbRTRBY4D4  This is clean fun.

That is wonderful. She speaks Dutch quite well.
It shows that even a Steinway needs attention some time (apart from tuning).
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Icarus on July 27, 2017, 07:58:13 AM
This lady is Brazilian so naturally I thought of xSP.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBbRTRBY4D4  This is clean fun.
That was really enjoyable to watch, and wonderful how Eliane kept not only her composure, but had fun with the entire thing. Thanks Icarus ;D

This next video will bring back some memories for many here I think, anyone miss this at all?

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

joeactor

Quote from: Father Bruno on August 02, 2017, 03:49:09 PM
This next video will bring back some memories for many here I think, anyone miss this at all?

Ah! 1200 baud...

Dave

There is a nationwide tire/exhaust/testing company (whom I use) that is still on dial-up.

I came in at V27, 4.8kb/s and promoted myself up to V34, 28.8kb/s, as Brit Tekecomm got their arse in gear and until they installed cable here.

In the RAF in the 1960s we were on a speed so slow I could actually type standard test messages (like, "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog",) faster than the system could handle!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

No one

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on August 02, 2017, 07:28:35 PM

Ah, memories...horrible ones.  :sadcheer:
I have great memories from that time.

Learning how to program was difficult, but it was very rewarding. And programming is something that I'm pretty good at and is my current profession. Also when I started trying to make PC games. Spent so many hours that all ended up coming to nothing, but it was fun and I did developed some skills from it.

It was also when I started doubting the religion I was brought up in.

There are also embarrassing memories, because I thought I was so awesome when I found some security exploits or when some idiot on a public website did something stupid like leaving the default password on things.

I don't know, I had fun back then and I learned a lot.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

joeactor

Quote from: No one on August 02, 2017, 05:55:27 PM

Although I like the information, if it's supposed to prove something or convert someone, it's way off the mark.

I feel that way about many videos out there that aim to disprove someone else's belief. The problem is, their target audience isn't listening... or isn't able or willing to understand.

Couple that with a guy who basically looks like Satan and drones on without much in the way of captivating presentation skills.

I do miss Carl Sagan...

Dave

Quote from: joeactor on August 02, 2017, 08:47:39 PM
Quote from: No one on August 02, 2017, 05:55:27 PM

Although I like the information, if it's supposed to prove something or convert someone, it's way off the mark.

I feel that way about many videos out there that aim to disprove someone else's belief. The problem is, their target audience isn't listening... or isn't able or willing to understand.

Couple that with a guy who basically looks like Satan and drones on without much in the way of captivating presentation skills.

I do miss Carl Sagan...

Well, maybe some dimmo who looks up to the likes of Ponce might see it - and the true light - and get sensible.

Can always hope!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on August 02, 2017, 08:41:38 PM

Learning how to program was difficult, but it was very rewarding. And programming is something that I'm pretty good at and is my current profession. Also when I started trying to make PC games. Spent so many hours that all ended up coming to nothing, but it was fun and I did developed some skills from it.

There are also embarrassing memories, because I thought I was so awesome when I found some security exploits or when some idiot on a public website did something stupid like leaving the default password on things.

I remember having to wait more than 30 minutes for a 15 second video to download. I remember using my slow internet only late at night so that I wouldn't miss any phone calls during the day.  ::)
I also remember this little guy: ;D

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on August 02, 2017, 09:35:18 PM
Quote from: Davin on August 02, 2017, 08:41:38 PM

I remember having to wait more than 30 minutes for a 15 second video to download. I remember using my slow internet only late at night so that I wouldn't miss any phone calls during the day.  ::)
I also remember this little guy: ;D

I didn't mind missing phone calls. By the time videos were a thing I had a decent internet connection.

Also, this guy

Also, I remember it taking 3-4 attempts to cancel AOL.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

joeactor

Quote from: Arturo on August 02, 2017, 10:57:26 PM
I got internet in 2009 XD

I've been on since near the beginning  (early 80's)

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on August 02, 2017, 09:35:18 PM

I remember all that, plus being limited to only an hour of internet time a day because of the telephone bills.  >:(
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey