News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Re: Post YouTube videos that don't suck!

Started by Buddy, October 27, 2012, 08:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom62

Quote from: Arturo on March 28, 2017, 01:09:57 AM
Anybody into alternate history?
https://youtu.be/b379aN45VEE

Yes!. I'm an avid Science Fiction reader and like alternate histories.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

joeactor

Biggus Dickus

The new 'It' trailer may freak you out!

I cannot wait to see this, as I truly loved the book, and rather enjoyed the TV mini-series from the 90's with Tim Curry as "Pennywise". (Plus I love Annette O'Toole).

I don't like clowns, they rate right up there with Nuns (Except the lovely Sista Magdalena) and fucking kats, and rats...
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on March 30, 2017, 05:37:31 PM
I don't like clowns, they rate right up there with Nuns (Except the lovely Sista Magdalena) and fucking kats, and rats...

**Ahem**
I am not a Nun. Never have been and never will be.  :grrr:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Icarus

Young whipersnappers can pass this one by. Old folks might like it. This is a vid with a group of people who are very good at what they do.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-cgygWdJOE

Arturo

Quote from: Icarus on March 31, 2017, 05:36:02 AM
Young whipersnappers can pass this one by. Old folks might like it. This is a vid with a group of people who are very good at what they do.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-cgygWdJOE

I like jazz...And orchestra...
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

I don't know where to post this... :notsure:
I'll leave it here, just in case anyone wants to use it, someday. If you don't want to waste your time typing...just to feed a troll...This is a good way to end the conversation.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

Quote from: Magdalena on March 31, 2017, 07:55:18 AM
I'll leave it here, just in case anyone wants to use it, someday. If you don't want to waste your time typing...just to feed a troll...This is a good way to end the conversation.

Is there some troll you have in mind? Maybe one we all know?
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Magdalena on March 31, 2017, 07:55:18 AM

I liked the response in the other version of that clip!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Icarus

Arturo. That was not jazz. There is a distinct difference between "big band" and jazz.  Big band is much more carefully structured whereas Jazz relies quite a bit on improvisation by featured musicians.  Both forms rely on the competence of the individual musician as most forms of instrumental music do.

Here is an example of the jazz genre....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBJ-MmTA-eU&t=38s The featured musician here is Wynton Marsalis an acknowledged wizard with his trumpet. A different ball game from Big band.

Big band was the popular type in the 40s, 50s. Jazz has been in place for much longer, possibly an outgrowth of the type of New Orleans music from, the 20s onward.

Dave

Quote from: Icarus on April 01, 2017, 01:31:52 AM
Arturo. That was not jazz. There is a distinct difference between "big band" and jazz.  Big band is much more carefully structured whereas Jazz relies quite a bit on improvisation by featured musicians.  Both forms rely on the competence of the individual musician as most forms of instrumental music do.

Here is an example of the jazz genre....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBJ-MmTA-eU&t=38s The featured musician here is Wynton Marsalis an acknowledged wizard with his trumpet. A different ball game from Big band.

Big band was the popular type in the 40s, 50s. Jazz has been in place for much longer, possibly an outgrowth of the type of New Orleans music from, the 20s onward.

So, "Too close for jazz"?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Sandra Craft

I am in awe of them shaking their hips so fast while being able to do anything else.

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

^^^^
I soooooooooooooo want to learn to do that!! :whirly:

;D

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Magdalena on April 06, 2017, 03:53:13 AM
^^^^

;D

Me too, tho I can just see shaking myself right down to the floor in like 2 seconds.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on April 06, 2017, 04:13:15 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 06, 2017, 03:53:13 AM
^^^^

;D

Me too, tho I can just see shaking myself right down to the floor in like 2 seconds.
Me too. Gravity is...something, isn't it?  ;D