News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Re: Post YouTube videos that don't suck!

Started by Buddy, October 27, 2012, 08:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

^^^
That's great!  :)
Thank you for sharing it with us.

I like this one:  :tellmemore:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Icarus

Thank you Sandy. That is beautiful and meaningful.

Sandra Craft

Another favorite, sung to the tune of Hallelujah (the Leonard Cohen one, not the other one)

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

Loving those songs. Some of the lyrics are a little strangled but all good.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Biggus Dickus

A Wish For Wings That Work

This is based on Berkeley Breathed's 1991 children's book A Wish for Wings That Work: An Opus Christmas Story.
The TV special aired on December 18, 1991. In a 2003 Washington Post interview, Breathed responded thusly to a question about where one could find a VHS or DVD copy of the cartoon:

QuoteHopefully in the rubbish pail. We can do better than that and we will with an eventual Opus film... but I'm glad you enjoyed it. I presume your family was on speed when they watched it. I would imagine it helps.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

^^^
I enjoyed that, thank you for posting it.  :tellmemore:
The penguin's nightmare, the support group meeting and its members were hilarious.  :lol:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Recusant

This one is OK, though I don't particularly cotton to the use of portrait mode for videos, especially when landscape would be much more appropriate.

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

Quote from: Recusant on January 01, 2017, 07:32:00 PM
This one is OK, though I don't particularly cotton to the use of portrait mode for videos, especially when landscape would be much more appropriate.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Biggus Dickus

^^Enjoyed that Tom, it was both funny and educational.

If you grew up back in the olden day's you most likely remember seeing adds for "Sea Monkeys" similar to this one in comic books or similar magazines like "Mad", etc..or for similar products like X-Ray Specs.

The following video is about Harold von Braunhut (1926-2003) who was the inventor/marketer behind X-Ray Specs, and Amazing Sea-Monkeys. (Apparently and unknown to me von Braunhut was also a nasty racist who, even though he was Jewish, supported the KKK and other white supremacist groups.)

I never bought or ordered these wonderful creatures myself, but I alway's enjoyed the adds and wonderful illustrations of Joe Orlando.

It's a little long, butt well done. Enjoy.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Recusant

Though I never got around to buying any Sea Monkeys myself either, I found the video  interesting and entertaining. Thanks for posting it, Bruno de la Pole:)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

joeactor

I had sea monkeys as a kid... really interesting back story!

MariaEvri

God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

joeactor