News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Re: Post YouTube videos that don't suck!

Started by Buddy, October 27, 2012, 08:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: Essie Mae on August 14, 2016, 08:02:52 AM
If they get you young enough, any genetic tendency towards questioning the status quo is thoroughly quashed. It can take a lifetime for that tendency to gain traction, and for some, in spite of any innate tendency, it never happens.
I have met those, adults, whose tension between inherent tendency and imposed "rules" have all but torn them spart.

A very minor instance io this is the tiny twinge of guilt I still feel, at almost 72, if I wear green and blue together. Goes back to childhood and my adored sister saying, "Never wear blue and green without another in between."

Also shows that things in certain language formats, like verse, stick better. Things put to music stick better as well, try putting a hard to remember telephone number to a known tune. Both the concious effort and the tunefull mnemonic help fix the thing.

So, if you want kids to learn something put it to music, get them singing it as a herd group! Christianity is good at that trick.

So was Ann McCaffrey in her "Dragons of Pern" series with the "Harpers" being the teachers using "teaching songs".

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

I like this, but not because it's of Jesus Christ.  ::)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Asmodean

Quote from: Magdalena on August 24, 2016, 05:26:49 AM
I like this, but not because it's of Jesus Christ.  ::)
Because it isn't, I suspect. That's not an unwashed ancient Palestinian.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Icarus

The artist is doing some clever stuff. Too bad that his JC has stringy hair. ::)

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

http://offbeat.topix.com/quiz/17073/qidx16   Here is another quiz to determine whether you can pass religion 101.  There are 50 questions, most of them easy for a HAFer.   

Kekerusey

I've long been interested in short animated films and this is quite brilliant:

Keke

J C Rocks (An Aspiring Author's Journey)
The Abyssal Void War Book #1: Stars, Hide Your Fires

joeactor

Good one, Keke... Makes me want to know more about the backstory.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tom62

Quote from: Icarus on August 25, 2016, 05:05:19 AM
http://offbeat.topix.com/quiz/17073/qidx16   Here is another quiz to determine whether you can pass religion 101.  There are 50 questions, most of them easy for a HAFer.

I've got a 98% score.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Essie Mae

Quote from: Tom62 on August 25, 2016, 05:28:33 PM
Quote from: Icarus on August 25, 2016, 05:05:19 AM

I've got a 98% score.

Well done Tom, I only scored 82%.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Kekerusey

Quote from: joeactor on August 25, 2016, 02:52:55 PMGood one, Keke... Makes me want to know more about the backstory.
Quote from: Magdalena on August 25, 2016, 04:13:09 PMThat is a good one.  :smilenod:

It's one of the best I've found ... there are quite a lot of animations like that worth watching, I'll see if I can find some.

Another one I liked was "Blinky" ... it isn't actually a full animation (partial) but it is nevertheless quite good fun and a bit shocking:

Keke

J C Rocks (An Aspiring Author's Journey)
The Abyssal Void War Book #1: Stars, Hide Your Fires

Magdalena

Has this one been posted yet?
Oh, well....

joeactor

Magdalena