News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Re: Post YouTube videos that don't suck!

Started by Buddy, October 27, 2012, 08:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeactor

Good one, Tank!

I get by with RP, Cockney, some Liverpool, and a weird mix of TransAtlantic/MidAtlantic...

Off to look up the app they mentioned.

xSilverPhinx

I don't know if this has been posted here before, and am too lazy to look. :P

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

joeactor

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 27, 2016, 11:29:58 PM
I don't know if this has been posted here before, and am too lazy to look. :P

Ok, I Lolled!

(also been exactly where this was filmed...)

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: joeactor on July 16, 2016, 02:52:07 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on July 16, 2016, 06:44:35 AM
I just love the British accent. I am, and have been in love with Sean Connery ever since I was a little girl. My kids know I have a crush on him, my man with whom I've been with for 15.5 years knows I have "a thing" for Sir Sean Connery. He refers to him as, "Your boyfriend."

You might get a kick out of a little project I did a few years back:
https://pigtones.com/sean-connery-best-007-ever/

You did the Preview?
"Drive your so call car to the route I highlighted for you..."
That's you!?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

joeactor

Quote from: Magdalena on July 28, 2016, 06:12:05 AM
I just love the British accent. I am, and have been in love with Sean Connery ever since I was a little girl. My kids know I have a crush on him, my man with whom I've been with for 15.5 years knows I have "a thing" for Sir Sean Connery. He refers to him as, "Your boyfriend."

You did the Preview?
That's you!?

Yeah - Sean Connery's one of my impressions. I had a Garmin GPS back then and used to tell myself where to go!

Dave

Quote from: joeactor on July 28, 2016, 04:37:19 PM

You did the Preview?
That's you!?

Yeah - Sean Connery's one of my impressions. I had a Garmin GPS back then and used to tell myself where to go!
And did you get lost, find a river in the way, impassable one-way system . . . .?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

joeactor

Quote from: Gloucester on July 28, 2016, 05:47:43 PM

You did the Preview?
That's you!?

And did you get lost, find a river in the way, impassable one-way system . . . .?

I did have to use a lot of motorcycles, parachutes and speedboats.

Magdalena

You did the Preview?
That's you!?

Wow! That's amazing!!

joeactor

Quote from: Magdalena on July 29, 2016, 02:29:18 AM

Wow! That's amazing!!

Thanks... my wife's still looking for the "off" switch.  :-X :-X :-X

Magdalena

Quote from: joeactor on July 29, 2016, 02:39:29 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on July 29, 2016, 02:29:18 AM

Wow! That's amazing!!

Thanks... my wife's still looking for the "off" switch.  :-X :-X :-X

Oh, no! Please never turn it off!

;D

Mr. B

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 25, 2016, 03:46:55 PM

Interesting video. It never sits well with me when people use science to confirm their biases. This reminds me of how some really intelligent people created a field of science to measure the size of skulls and ended up using the measurements to differentiate between the races.

QuoteIn the 19th century, the British used craniometry to justify its racist policies toward the Irish and black Africans, whom the British considered to be inferior races. Irish skulls were said to have the shape of Cro-Magnon men and were akin to that of apes, proof of their inferiority along with black Africans. In France, Paul Broca demonstrated that women are  inferior to men because of their smaller crania. He argued against higher education for women because their small brains couldn't handle the demands.
http://skepdic.com/cranial.html

So now we see an explanation for why conservatives seek stability and don't like change. They primarily process information though fear and make decisions based on their emotional convictions and religion while liberals seek change and make their decisions from new information, science information.

Maybe I am comparing apples to oranges here since she is using the size of different brain structures to explain differences between liberals and conservatives instead of using physical differences to explain why one race is superior to another. She did invoke the Bell Curve to demonstrate that these findings obviously don't apply to everyone. 

This post has been brought to you by Jason's enlarged right amygdala.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

xSilverPhinx

Well, she is talking about tendencies here, not absolutes.

What I would like to see is differences in glucose uptake, which shows which structures are more metabolically active during certain situations when comparing liberals and conservatives. Such studies are most probably out there, I'll have a look when I have the time. 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.