News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Re: Post YouTube videos that don't suck!

Started by Buddy, October 27, 2012, 08:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Guardian85 on March 13, 2016, 05:24:28 PM
Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on March 12, 2016, 10:07:45 PM

What was your MOS in the Air Force?
I ended up in a security team at a ComCon station in Northern Norway. Was the top rifleman in the camp, so they put me in a designated marksman role.

Awesome, was that at Bodø? Which I believe is pronounced like Boo-duh?
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Guardian85

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on March 16, 2016, 12:25:01 PM
Quote from: Guardian85 on March 13, 2016, 05:24:28 PM
Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on March 12, 2016, 10:07:45 PM

What was your MOS in the Air Force?
I ended up in a security team at a ComCon station in Northern Norway. Was the top rifleman in the camp, so they put me in a designated marksman role.

Awesome, was that at Bodø? Which I believe is pronounced like Boo-duh?
No, it was at LSTN Sørreisa. I did later go to college in Bodø.
https://forsvaret.no/fakta/tjenestesteder/sorreisa (link is in Norwegian. Sorry)

Old picture of the main camp area. Obviously does not show the subterranean facilities, which are significantly larger then the outside area.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 18, 2016, 12:53:16 PM

I don't have one of those wrist muscles.  I guess I'm out of luck if I need one for reconstructive surgery.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

In the video they call it "short term memory", but it's actually working memory.

joeactor

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 23, 2016, 02:25:00 AM
In the video they call it "short term memory", but it's actually working memory.

Fascinating...

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: joeactor on March 24, 2016, 02:09:57 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 23, 2016, 02:25:00 AM

Fascinating...

Yes, I agree with Joe, utterly fascinating. Thanks for posting.

This video by NASA gives you a first person view of what it looked like when the Orion spacecraft re-entered Earth's atmosphere.

The 10-minute ride begins with Orion travelling around 32,200 kilometres per hour (20,000 miles per hours) and is about to reach the Kármán like – a point 100 kilometres (62 miles) above Earth's sea level that represents the boundary between Earth's atmosphere and outer space.

When Orion reaches this point, the friction between the spacecraft's heat shield and Earth's atmosphere create's super-heated plasma, giving us a spectacular light show.

The journey continues at Orion plummets towards Earth, eventually using its parachutes and splashing down into the Ocean.

The point of this test was to replicate the full force of re-entering Earth's atmosphere at velocities close to the speed a spacecraft would be traveling if it was returning from deep space.

joeactor

Bit of background on this one...

The guy in the hat is "Big Chuck" Schodowski and the other guy is Houlihan.
They did a late night movie show on tv when I was a kid. Heir to the Ghoulardi thrown.
Later became the Big Chuck and Little John show (and still running in Cleveland)
They do lots of "Certain Ethnic" jokes, which they coined to replace Polish jokes (Big Chuck is Polish, and Parma is a big Polish area near Cleveland)

Anywho - here's a sample for your amusement...

Biggus Dickus

Holy Parma Joe,

I wasn't that familiar with Big Chuck or Houlihan, but here in Detroit Ron Sweeny as the Ghoul was a favorite of my friends and I growing up in the 70's, that is until SNL came out.

Still nothing was better than sitting through some horrendous "B Movie", just to wait til' the Ghoul came back on to do his schtick.

Crazy, but fun times being 10-14 years old and watching crap on TV.

One of our favorite "B Movies" to watch was "The Creeping Terror".
Which distinguished itself by being listed among "The 100 Most Amusingly Bad Movies Ever Made", in Golden Raspberry Award founder John Wilson's book, "THE OFFICIAL RAZZIE MOVIE GUIDE".
We would recreate the scenes ourselves, even filmed some...copies of which I hope have been destroyed.

Here it is in all of it's glorious entirety.

joeactor

That's cool, Bruno!

Used to be every market had it's own horror host. Cleveland had a bunch (SuperHost, The Ghoul, Ghoulardi, Big Chuck, etc)

Got my lunch viewing all set for "The Creeping Terror!"

Guardian85

I was skeptical when they announced they were going to make stand-alone Star Wars films, but this looks pretty promising.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Crow

Donnie Yen and Forest Whitaker. I'll watch that Star Wars movie and I couldn't care less about any of the others.

I liked this shot it has a nice 1970's science fiction vibe to it.
Retired member.