News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Re: Post YouTube videos that don't suck!

Started by Buddy, October 27, 2012, 08:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeactor

Sandra Craft

Another one along the lines of "if the rest of the world was like football":

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Biggus Dickus

I know we have some bikers here like Siz and PC who would get a real kick out of this video...I know I would love to take my bike down a Bobsled run like this, holy shit that looks like fun; especially being able to take those banked turns at such a high speed. (Max.speed 62km/h)

Filmed in Trebevic, Sarajevo.

I originally found this on the Devour site, where you can watch the video as well. here.

Here's the YouTube version
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Sandra Craft

^^ all thru that vid my mind was screaming:  too close! too close!
Sandy

Crow

I'd definitely give that a go wouldn't even need to think about it.
Retired member.

Magdalena

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Stop!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Please stop!
At least exit full screen! Please!
(Esc)
Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on February 16, 2016, 06:04:18 PM

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

Quote from: Crow on February 17, 2016, 12:03:00 AM
I think that's the point. Any sane person would think about it and wouldn't do it. However I'd love to watch  :popcorn:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Crow

Quote from: Tank on February 17, 2016, 08:03:21 AM
I think that's the point. Any sane person would think about it and wouldn't do it. However I'd love to watch  :popcorn:

I have been down a bobsleigh run twice on a skeleton bob. You don't have to do anything, in fact you don't want to do anything unless you really know what you are doing. Same principle would apply with a bike, as long as you follow the main groove you wont have any problems. Only thing I would want to check is if there was any branches or patches of leaves.
Retired member.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Crow on February 17, 2016, 12:12:28 PM
Quote from: Tank on February 17, 2016, 08:03:21 AM

I have been down a bobsleigh run twice on a skeleton bob. You don't have to do anything, in fact you don't want to do anything unless you really know what you are doing. Same principle would apply with a bike, as long as you follow the main groove you wont have any problems. Only thing I would want to check is if there was any branches or patches of leaves.

I was thinking the exact same thing, probably would walk down it once to make sure there aren't any big holes or chips in the cement to worry about, or like you said large branches or debris, but otherwise sign me up.

I've alway's wanted to try a regular bobsleigh run with a bob, seems like it would be a blast. Cool Runnings aye?!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Crow

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on February 17, 2016, 03:20:50 PM
I've alway's wanted to try a regular bobsleigh run with a bob, seems like it would be a blast. Cool Runnings aye?!

Utah or New York would be your easiest options I guess. I used to go to la plagne quite a lot when I was a kid, the best experience on those holidays was going down a black run glacier in a storm. Quite frankly I was shitting it but I'd do it again, though I have only done it once and that was my first holiday as it is vary rare to catch a black run when a storm hits because they close them down.
Retired member.

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Crow on February 17, 2016, 06:24:43 PM
Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on February 17, 2016, 03:20:50 PM

Utah or New York would be your easiest options I guess. I used to go to la plagne quite a lot when I was a kid, the best experience on those holidays was going down a black run glacier in a storm. Quite frankly I was shitting it but I'd do it again, though I have only done it once and that was my first holiday as it is vary rare to catch a black run when a storm hits because they close them down.

You should head to the Bulgarian ski resorts like Borovets.....they don't concern themselves with safety there. 

Guardian85

I'd love to try that!

But I'd wear long sleeves, just in case. Sliding on concrete in shorts and t-shirt? Not a lot of fun.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

Tanks playing in the snow!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

joeactor

Sandra Craft

Bluenose shared this on FB, and I just had to bring it over here:

Sandy