News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Re: Post YouTube videos that don't suck!

Started by Buddy, October 27, 2012, 08:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Mr. B

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Mr. B

Before we can talk about the solution to a problem....
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Mr. B on February 19, 2022, 04:10:02 AM

Before we can talk about the solution to a problem....

Here's some of the comments from this video....basically a bunch of fans of wacko Alex Jones, and followers of the Q Religion.

QuoteMs. Munchkin

Q SENT ME.

It isn't the super predators you should worry about, Hillary. It's US, The SUPER PATRIOTS! We are everywhere, and we are watching!

QuoteDonna Carter

Thank you Q for keeping us informed of the past, the present and the future! ❤️ God Bless America!

BUTT HER EMAILS!!!

Mr. B

Yes. They must be brought to heel.

Edit for clarity:

Yes. The Q people and so called "patriots" represent a potential threat. We need to have an organized effort against their false narrative and paranoid conspiracy theories. We need to take these people on. They are often connected with fringe right wing groups. They are not just groups of normal people anymore.  They are often called the kinds of people who are patriots or conservatives, racist misogynist bigots. We can talk about how they ended up that way but first we have to bring them to heel.

Biggus Dickus

WKRP in Cincinnati was a favorite show of me and my friends growing up while in High School. Back then our local radio stations had a huge influence on the music we listened to. I discovered Blues, Jazz and Classical music while laying in my bed at night, listening to some awesome late night shows on the radio.

Here in Detroit we had stations like WRIF, and WWWW, which was known as W4 (Howard Stern was a morning DJ here around 1980)

Howard Hesseman who played Dr. Johhny Fever on the show recently died, and since his death I have been rewatching the show. It's certainly brought back a lot of fond memories, the show was extremely funny (Thanksgiving Turkey Drop), as well as very insightful, especially to the alarming rise of the religious right here in the US.

First video in honor of Dr Fever is when the station changes from elevator music to rock and roll.

Second video is the famous Thanksgiving Turkey Drop, which features one of the best sitcom lines ever! "As god is my witness I thought Turkeys could fly".

Third video is when the program station manager speaks to a religious leader about censorship. At the time this aired I remember similar events with regards to censorship on the airways going on here in Detroit.
I graduated from a Catholic High School in 1982 (I know I'm old :P) We had voted as a class to have the song, "The End" by the Doors as our class song. However. The school decided the song was inappropriate, and wouldn't allow us to officially list it on the program, and made us choose another song. Most of us refused to vote on a new song out of protest so our Class President chose the song "Magic Power", by Triump  :puke: (I've never forgiven Matt for this transgression)
They school rejected the song "The End", because of Oedipal section towards the end of the song, you know this part:
QuoteThe killer awoke before dawn
He put his boots on
He took a face from the ancient gallery
And he walked on down the hall
He went into the room where his sister lived, and then he
Paid a visit to his brother, and then he
He walked on down the hall, and
And he came to a door
And he looked inside
"Father?" "Yes, son?" "I want to kill you"
"Mother? I want to..."

For some of us, this rejection and censorship did not play well, and so we rebelled. At the official graduation mass, just as we were exiting the church at the end of the mass, and as a class body in our robes some of us recited out load the verse above. At first we discussed doing it in the church as we were walking down the center aisle, but some of our classmates thought it might be disrespectful to our parents who were sitting in attendance, so we waited until we hit the courtyard.

Here's the censorship clip.

Biggus Dickus

The Hobbit Office by SNL

This is excellent writing, and I love the Gollum and Gandalf characters!

The two Puppet Classes with Tony are funny as hell, again excellent writing.

billy rubin

fascinating. uses mostly jigs and templates. the tape measure seems mostly just for making things even, not following a blue print.

im thinking this is pakistan or bangla desh. the release handle for the fifth wheel is on the right, so that would have to be the drivers side. since everybody but the british and japanese put the driver on the left, it has to be an old british colony.

maybe kashmir? i dunno.

id love to be able to weld as casually as this guy

interesting design

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Biggus Dickus

Icarus

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

I see all the old videos have vanished.
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

time to recreate the universe

out with the old, in withe new

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.

billy rubin