News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Re: Post YouTube videos that don't suck!

Started by Buddy, October 27, 2012, 08:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

No one

billy rubin

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.

billy rubin

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on November 18, 2021, 01:04:39 AM
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DW85oD8FEF78&ved=2ahUKEwi1x7zb26D0AhVCxYUKHRQIDeUQwqsBegQIBBAF&sqi=2&usg=AOvVaw0MiZVjJaH9NrWJGc1GYvHX

dammit cant add tags

:lol:

:secrets1: Click on share, right below the video, and copy the link to the clipboard.

Paste the link here and select it.
When it's selected, click on the youtube button.

[youtube](link goes here)[youtube]

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

billy rubin

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

billy rubin

it took me until 3:00 to learn his accent.

skip to 4:45 or 12:15 and just sit back.

by "no rider aids" theymean no anti-lock, no anti-wheelie, active suspension, none of the electronic gimmickrh that inserts a computer into the interface. thats how i do it all tbe time, but my street machines have maybe 40 or 45 horsepower, except for the buell . tbe race bike has maybe 65.

240 hp is beyond my understanding, let alone my experience.

wheres buddy gone?

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Icarus

One of the problems with having too much horsepower is recovery from the corners.  The bike is tilted way over, the rider is beginning to straighten up, but not quite there, at which time he applies throttle. Too much sudden horsepower sends the poor bastard into a god awful high speed high side. That is partly a tire problem but mainly a power delivery problem.

The wizards at Yamaha, for example, know about that deadly problem.  They decided to produce a four banger whose crank is not 180 degree opposed.  The whole aim is to have the power to be delivered in a controlled progressive way so that it does not suddenly come on like a cannon shot.
  The dude in the video has big balls and a lot of good rider judgement, some luck of the gods too..  All that horsepower can kill him in a New York instant if he does not feather that throttle properly at every corner exit.

Honda and the rest of them, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Ducati, BMW, and the others are fully aware of the danger......Nut case riders maybe not so much. 

The Honda and the mad man rider are spectacular, no matter the details. 

Icarus

dammit cant add tags
[/quote]

:lol:

:secrets1: Click on share, right below the video, and copy the link to the clipboard.

Paste the link here and select it.
When it's selected, click on the youtube button.

[youtube](link goes here)[youtube]
[/quote]

Thank you Mags. I wll give it a try next time. Looks simple enough that even I can do it.

Mr. B

Science doesn't make decisions - people do.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall