News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What Are You Reading?

Started by Cecilie, May 22, 2010, 06:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcusA

Books are magic - wicked.

You know the religious - ready to condemn anything.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

billy rubin

smokey yunick was also a fan of long rods, because of the longer piston dwell at overlap.

im constrained by a budget to go with more conventional rods and pistons. my pistons are already custom forged and there isnt a lot of selection in rods unless i want to spend a shit ton more money.

i always clay the pistons when i put new ones in or when i change the timing.

this time around i was hoping to try 108/111 on valve timimg, but it gave me only 0.053 clearance on the rxhaust valve. so i went back to 107/108 and got about 0.065? i look for 060 on exhsust and 040 on intake.

i just got from maine a couple of hours ago. the boys did 108.433 and 108.814 on the little ninja, both records, but the older boy did the fastest time first, so the slower record didnt count.

i put a go pro on it so i could see the tach and theyre pushing 14000 rp. before the lights. i didnt have a smaller sprocket so im ordering two- one 2 teeth and the other 4 teeth down.  if that doesnt force a higher speed before rev limiter i dont know what else to do

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.

MarcusA

I am about to start reading A Ted Hughes Bestiary, but first, I have to get rid of these pesky, particularly good haikus.

MarcusA

Quote from: MarcusA on July 18, 2023, 10:53:24 PMI am about to start reading A Ted Hughes Bestiary, but first, I have to get rid of these pesky, particularly good haikus.

Sylvia Plath was a neurotic bitch who couldn't understand why she had trouble with men.

MarcusA

What is the use of reading if I am not going to read anything properly again?

Icarus

Those who might be interested or curious can find some informational reading at Religion dispatches.org  The content is marginally leftist and tends toward criticism of organized religion. Most of the articles are well written. 

billy rubin

The Text of the New Testament: Its Transmission, Corruption, and Restoration. Fourth Edition by Bruce M. Metzger, Bart D. Ehrman

the local presbytarian priest here was a student of metzgars

this work is dated, but if your are ontrrested in the creation of the greek new testamment, metzgar is still the place to stsrt

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.

Anne D.

Ian Rankin's Hide & Seek. And articles about Trump's many legal woes.

Tank

I have just finished the 2nd book in the Children of Time trilogy by Adrian Tchaikovsky. Woe betide anybody who tries to take this to the screen. The only way you'll get to understand these stories is to read them. How he writes these is beyond me. His ability to write in an alien mind is astonishing. They are far from an easy read, 565 pages and every word counts towards the story. I have the next book ready to go!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.