News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Good Films.

Started by Tank, October 17, 2015, 10:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on May 12, 2023, 07:49:07 PMi cant think of any good films right away. im not a film wstcher. after about half an hour i have to get up and go do something.

therr was a thriller movie called hannah a few years ago.

the script was flawed, but it had a 3 minute continuous shot done of eric banna with a steady cam that was spectacular. very well done, and clearly carefully crafted by the directpr.

then there was the continuous film 1917. about 5 continuous sequences spliced together. worth seeing just for several of the scenes in it

If continuous shots impress you, I am sure you are aware of Hitchcock's film Rope, which was made to look like the recording of the events in real time, without any edits.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rope_(film)

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

i never heard of rope.

i eas watching parts of the 39 steps last night

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.

Icarus

I watched a Netflix movie titled;True Spirit. It is the story of a 16 year old girl who sailed here boat around the world single handed. For me, as an experienced sailor, the movie was definitely a Grabber.

Jessica Watson, the kid sailor, is another of the crazy Aussies who believe that they can do anything dangerous, and they sometimes do. The movie is a well done account of Jessica's real life adventure. 

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on May 22, 2023, 04:21:06 AMI watched a Netflix movie titled;True Spirit. It is the story of a 16 year old girl who sailed here boat around the world single handed. For me, as an experienced sailor, the movie was definitely a Grabber.

Jessica Watson, the kid sailor, is another of the crazy Aussies who believe that they can do anything dangerous, and they sometimes do. The movie is a well done account of Jessica's real life adventure. 

Added to my watch list :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.