Oak Creek Wisconson Shooting

Started by Buddy, August 05, 2012, 07:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hismikeness

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 05, 2012, 10:29:11 PM
Quote from: McQ on August 05, 2012, 10:00:09 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 05, 2012, 07:51:06 PM
Sikhs? 9/11? WTF? ???

Yeah, seriously. How stupid can people be?

Sikhs are also more or less persecuted by Hindus in India, most that I've known really just keep to themselves. Has it been confirmed that the reason is hate due to 9/11? It's just too inane to me.

The alleged shooter, who was shot and killed by police, is being reported to have military background and suspected ties to white supremacy groups, so it seems likely. When you're that engrained in the redneckery, I guess you just have to shoot anyone in a turban??
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

Ali

I wonder how many of these tragedies we need to have before (pro-gun) people start rethinking their stance on gun control....

Firebird

Quote from: Ali on August 06, 2012, 05:38:29 PM
I wonder how many of these tragedies we need to have before (pro-gun) people start rethinking their stance on gun control....

Just thinking the same thing. Now can we talk about it???

Sadly, this isn't the first time Sikhs were targeted like this. A Sikh gas station owner was gunned down right after 9/11 because some idiot thought it was their fault.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Tank on August 05, 2012, 07:36:52 PM
OMFG! Sikhs had nothing to do with 911. That being said racists are not general know for the strong intellectual powers.

Yeah, well, racists are not known for being the brightest crayon in the box >__<;;;;

This is really terrible none the less...
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Firebird on August 06, 2012, 05:51:37 PM

Just thinking the same thing. Now can we talk about it???

Sadly, this isn't the first time Sikhs were targeted like this. A Sikh gas station owner was gunned down right after 9/11 because some idiot thought it was their fault.

Whatever the case may be for 9-11; to say ALL MUSLIMS are terrorists is so close minded, i can't even comprehend. I really am so sick of people being scape-goated for their race, or how they look. IT IS DISGUSTING.

Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

xSilverPhinx

Apparently the dead shooter was a neonazi and did mistake them for Muslims. ::)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Siz

Why would they want to rethink something that's written into their constitution? Gun ownership is a right - the founding fathers gave them that right and no Democrat upstarts are qualified to take it away...[/poe]

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

markmcdaniel

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 07, 2012, 09:50:06 PM
Apparently the dead shooter was a neonazi and did mistake them for Muslims. ::)
This point is not yet proven. As a white supremacist he might not have cared. It may be that any none Caucasian group would have served  his purposes just as well. While I suspect that your analysis is correct. In the past he is known to have talked about a race war happening. It may be that he got tired of waiting for it to start and decided to help it along. In this case he might have thought that any large non white group may have served his purposes equally well.
It appears to me (whether rightly or wrongly) that direct arguments against Christianity and theism produce hardly any effect on the public; and freedom of thought is best promoted by the gradual illumination of men's minds which follows from the advance of science - Charles Darwin

I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the object of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a god, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. - Albert Einstein

Religion is a by product of fear. For much of human history, it may have been a necessary evil, but why was it more evil than necessary? Isn't killing people in the name of God a pretty good definition of insanity. - Arther C. Clarke

Faith means not wanting to know what is true. - Friedrich Nietzsche

En_Route

Quote from: Scissorlegs on August 07, 2012, 10:57:23 PM

Why would they want to rethink something that's written into their constitution? Gun ownership is a right - the founding fathers gave them that right and no Democrat upstarts are qualified to take it away...[/poe]

It occurs to me that the problem with a ban or imposition of tight controls is that only the law- abiding will  hand back their weapons. Is this a  form of prisoners dilemma?
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).