News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Tourist Trophy Hunters

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, July 31, 2012, 02:56:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Would a scarecrow work? ??? Pretty soon I'm sure the crows will figure out that it's just a set up danger situation.

Generally people don't seem to see birds as pests, but they can be really damaging. There was this one sunflower farm that would go after hunters every year just before harvesting the seeds to shoot birds. The birds that would eat the unsuffering seeds have no way of knowing what they're doing of course, or any reason to even care if they could, but they started messing with people's money.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Crow

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 03, 2012, 07:27:18 PM
Would a scarecrow work? ??? Pretty soon I'm sure the crows will figure out that it's just a set up danger situation.

A scarecrow is dressed in the clothes of the farmer when he shoots crows. If you don't then its a total waste of time and defeats the purpose.
Retired member.

DeterminedJuliet

Fittingly, Crow seems to know a lot about crows. :D
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Crow

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on August 03, 2012, 08:48:27 PM

Hahaha, my grandad use to try and cultivate rare birds, as he provided the perfect environment the crows were attracted and would rip them to shreds and eat all the food. As soon as he started using old farming techniques they stayed well away.
Retired member.

En_Route

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on August 03, 2012, 08:48:27 PM

Equally you are pretty knowledgeable about DeterminedJuliets.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).