News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Church in Mississippi refuses to marry black couple

Started by Firebird, July 30, 2012, 03:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGit

Firebird

Quote from: markmcdaniel on August 02, 2012, 07:09:49 AM
Quote from: OldGit on July 31, 2012, 03:11:25 PM
How do they get on with gay black atheists?
News flash--- Entire state of Mississippi believed to have died of apoplexy! Officials think a BLACK GAY ATHEIST IS CAUSE.

Should've had health care...
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Sweetdeath

Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

markmcdaniel

Quote from: Sweetdeath on August 04, 2012, 04:35:35 AM
don't fucking get this bullshit.  >:( >:(
This a sign that you have at least a couple of operational brain cells.
It appears to me (whether rightly or wrongly) that direct arguments against Christianity and theism produce hardly any effect on the public; and freedom of thought is best promoted by the gradual illumination of men's minds which follows from the advance of science - Charles Darwin

I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the object of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a god, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. - Albert Einstein

Religion is a by product of fear. For much of human history, it may have been a necessary evil, but why was it more evil than necessary? Isn't killing people in the name of God a pretty good definition of insanity. - Arther C. Clarke

Faith means not wanting to know what is true. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Sweetdeath

Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.