News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Great inventions that nobody has yet thought of

Started by En_Route, July 25, 2012, 06:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: En_Route on July 26, 2012, 04:41:48 PM
Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on July 26, 2012, 01:51:05 PM
Quote from: En_Route on July 26, 2012, 12:36:51 AM
Quote from: Ali on July 26, 2012, 12:23:20 AM
Quote from: En_Route on July 26, 2012, 12:11:18 AM
What a veritable geyser of creativity I have unloosed.

Hmmmmmph.  You're probably planning on stealing all of our ideas and amassing a small "As Seen On TV" fortune. 

I have already advertised for a butler, a cook, a chauffeur, a French Chambermaid, a gardener, an under- gardener, a resident DJ  and a dwarf for teasing.

What's the salary like?

En_Route Global inc will line your palm with silver, which should contrast pleasingly with bronze. We might even be persuaded  to throw in a few Modcloth vouchers if you play hard to get.

If I'm allowed to tease the dwarf, we might have a deal.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Ali

En_Route

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on July 26, 2012, 04:56:50 PM
Quote from: En_Route on July 26, 2012, 04:41:48 PM
Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on July 26, 2012, 01:51:05 PM
Quote from: En_Route on July 26, 2012, 12:36:51 AM
Quote from: Ali on July 26, 2012, 12:23:20 AM
Quote from: En_Route on July 26, 2012, 12:11:18 AM
What a veritable geyser of creativity I have unloosed.

Hmmmmmph.  You're probably planning on stealing all of our ideas and amassing a small "As Seen On TV" fortune. 

I have already advertised for a butler, a cook, a chauffeur, a French Chambermaid, a gardener, an under- gardener, a resident DJ  and a dwarf for teasing.

What's the salary like?

En_Route Global inc will line your palm with silver, which should contrast pleasingly with bronze. We might even be persuaded  to throw in a few Modcloth vouchers if you play hard to get.

If I'm allowed to tease the dwarf, we might have a deal.

OK, but just don't use the D- word in his presence. Not because he objects to profanity or has any complex about the dimensions of his genitalia, but unfortunately his brother Richard was recently mown down by a runaway supermarket trolley.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

original_gender

Quote from: OldGit on July 26, 2012, 09:21:30 AM
Quote from: original_genderI think the driving experience would be less emotionally destructive if "Sorry" and "Thank You" indicator lights came standard with turning signals on automobiles.

I think they'd sell better if the wording was a touch more obscene and insulting. ;)

Yeah, I guess that becomes evident when you consider how infrequently turn signals are employed.

Buddy

Quote from: original_gender on July 26, 2012, 11:59:18 PM
Quote from: OldGit on July 26, 2012, 09:21:30 AM
Quote from: original_genderI think the driving experience would be less emotionally destructive if "Sorry" and "Thank You" indicator lights came standard with turning signals on automobiles.

I think they'd sell better if the wording was a touch more obscene and insulting. ;)

Yeah, I guess that becomes evident when you consider how infrequently turn signals are employed.

I remember seeing a sign that hung in the back of the car, but I cannot find the website it had it on.

*Edit- AHA! found it!

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/d138/?srp=9
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

markmcdaniel

Quote from: Asmodean on July 26, 2012, 08:13:11 AM
An asteroid harvester strategic bomber. The Asmo is so gonna patent that. The world needs a couple...
I will take two. Payment will be in the form of one wood fueled steam powered stat ship.
It appears to me (whether rightly or wrongly) that direct arguments against Christianity and theism produce hardly any effect on the public; and freedom of thought is best promoted by the gradual illumination of men's minds which follows from the advance of science - Charles Darwin

I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the object of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a god, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. - Albert Einstein

Religion is a by product of fear. For much of human history, it may have been a necessary evil, but why was it more evil than necessary? Isn't killing people in the name of God a pretty good definition of insanity. - Arther C. Clarke

Faith means not wanting to know what is true. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Asmodean

Quote from: markmcdaniel on July 27, 2012, 02:35:50 AM
An asteroid harvester strategic bomber. The Asmo is so gonna patent that. The world needs a couple...
I will take two. Payment will be in the form of one wood fueled steam powered stat ship.
Ah! Yes, The Asmo could use that in his evil schemes.  :D He'll take one in payment and four as an offering.  :D

Actually, what I think I may well try and sell is my "foolproof" missile navigation system. Should be hugely expensive, but able to bypass all countermeasures I am aware of (except direct hit by a fast-moving object - that is taken care of by a different design, The Asmo's Shieldbusters) when used against ground or air units.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

A satellite that scans and reads people's lips from outer space.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Asmodean

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 27, 2012, 08:51:48 AM
Nice! Not a difficult tech, although working conditions that include clouds, buildings and such could make it so.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on July 27, 2012, 08:57:42 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 27, 2012, 08:51:48 AM
Nice! Not a difficult tech, although working conditions that include clouds, buildings and such could make it so.

Back to the drawing board... ::)

A satellite that captures people's thoughts through an inserted microchip in their brains (an advanced version would also have to be invented) to bypass all weather conditions and geographical characteristics.  

Some people would give an arm for that sort of tech, scarily enough.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

OldGit

markmcdaniel

Quote from: Asmodean on July 27, 2012, 08:37:23 AM
Quote from: markmcdaniel on July 27, 2012, 02:35:50 AM
Ah! Yes, The Asmo could use that in his evil schemes.  :D He'll take one in payment and four as an offering.  :D

Actually, what I think I may well try and sell is my "foolproof" missile navigation system. Should be hugely expensive, but able to bypass all countermeasures I am aware of (except direct hit by a fast-moving object - that is taken care of by a different design, The Asmo's Shieldbusters) when used against ground or air units.
It would have to be expensive. fools are so ingenious. Set up a test my plans for galactic domination could use it.
It appears to me (whether rightly or wrongly) that direct arguments against Christianity and theism produce hardly any effect on the public; and freedom of thought is best promoted by the gradual illumination of men's minds which follows from the advance of science - Charles Darwin

I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the object of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a god, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. - Albert Einstein

Religion is a by product of fear. For much of human history, it may have been a necessary evil, but why was it more evil than necessary? Isn't killing people in the name of God a pretty good definition of insanity. - Arther C. Clarke

Faith means not wanting to know what is true. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Asmodean

Quote from: markmcdaniel on July 27, 2012, 10:59:59 AM
It would have to be expensive. fools are so ingenious. Set up a test my plans for galactic domination could use it.
I'd ask for about 4-5 million Euro per unit, and that does not include the cost of the missile, the fuel and the warheads. Just the guidance complete with fins and nav thrusters, ground equipment, computers, sensors, support personnel training and the countermeasure avoidance system.

Very expensive, yes, but much less so than most modern aircraft...
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Siz

Padded condoms.

Rubber keypad cover for harmless keyboard headbutting in the office.
(Also, punchproof flatscreen monitors, shatterproof phone handsets and insultproof staff)

Waterproof pitta-bread to allay Kebab traumas.

Stapler/calculator alarm to discourage lightfingered office staff.

Ear coolers (I suffer from hot ears occasionally).

Autotune-equipped video-cameras for kids' nativities/recitals/concerts.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Ali

Quote from: Scissorlegs on July 27, 2012, 02:30:30 PM
Ear coolers (I suffer from hot ears occasionally).

Most people refer to that as a hot head.  Hothead.   ;D

How about self cooling pillows (my hothead heats up pillows in minutes!)

Alarm clocks that can be programmed to not go off on weekends and holidays without having to actually turn the things off and then remember to turn them back on.

Kitten mittens.  ;D

[/quote]