News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Marriage

Started by Stevil, July 12, 2012, 12:33:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

Make up looks great when done well only problem is most people don't do make-up well. Scouse brows awful and the ridiculous amount of younger women these days seem to have mistaken looking like a drag queen for being sexy, btw it isn't. Personally I like natural looking make-up that matches the individuals skin tone and enhances certain features like these:

I also like make-up that has more of an impact but seeing as I have just overloaded the page with images won't to do it again.
Retired member.

En_Route

Crow, I agree with your strictures re the modern predilection for uber-slap. I also applaud  your policy of using the flimsiest of excuses to post pictures of gorgeous women.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Ali

^^^ Haha, next he'll want to talk about how a bikini enhances the female form, with examples.... :D

En_Route

Quote from: Ali on July 14, 2012, 03:28:20 PM
^^^ Haha, next he'll want to talk about how a bikini enhances the female form, with examples.... :D

Bring it on.

Crow

Quote from: En_Route on July 14, 2012, 03:16:20 PM
I also applaud  your policy of using the flimsiest of excuses to post pictures of gorgeous women.

;D you noticed.

I don't rate bikinis. Lingerie on the other hand...
Retired member.

The Black Jester

Quote from: Crow on July 14, 2012, 03:34:12 PM
I also applaud  your policy of using the flimsiest of excuses to post pictures of gorgeous women.

;D you noticed.

Oh, it's on...!
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

"Confederation of the dispossessed,
Fearing neither god nor master." - Killing Joke

http://theblackjester.wordpress.com

En_Route

Quote from: The Black Jester on July 14, 2012, 03:36:52 PM
Quote from: Crow on July 14, 2012, 03:34:12 PM

;D you noticed.

Oh, it's on...!

Even better off.

Recusant

Quote from: Crow on July 14, 2012, 02:48:19 PM. . .  Scouse brows . . .

I'm aware of the term "Scouse" but had never heard of "Scouse brow." I found an interesting article on the Daily Mail's website (I know, but this sort of thing is what the Mail excels at) which explores the regional variations of the great British female eyebrow:

Daily Mail | Forget Scouse brows, what about the plank, the tadpole and the happy brow? How women's eyebrows reveal where they hail from even better than accents

So thank you for that!  :D
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Sweetdeath

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on July 14, 2012, 04:36:23 AM
Quote from: Stevil on July 12, 2012, 12:33:21 AM
I'd be interested to know what people here think of with regards to marriage?

Late to the party again.  Personally, I have no interest in marriage and never did -- I always knew that wasn't for me.  I saw good marriages and bad marriages growing up and wanted no part of any of it.  Having written that, I will admit to feeling in a little in awe of long time couples who are still affectionate with each other. 

I tend to think of marriage as a hold-over from primitive, tribal times which is constantly being tweaked to try to make it fit the modern world better.  Maybe we don't really need legal marriage anymore, but as long as it still is a legal issue I'd like to see the rules about who can and can't marry be fair and reasonable. 

So far, I haven't heard a single argument against same-sex marriage that makes a bit of sense, isn't rooted in personal religous beliefs or couldn't also be used to ban opposite-sex marriage.  The same goes for polygamous marriages.  As far as I can see, people involved in a marriage all have the same basic needs and as long as they're consenting adults it shouldn't matter to the law how many of them there are or what their sexes are.

Better late than never, Books.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Crow

Retired member.

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

En_Route

Quote from: Crow on July 14, 2012, 03:59:49 PM
Quote from: Recusant on July 14, 2012, 03:43:11 PM
Daily Mail | Forget Scouse brows, what about the plank, the tadpole and the happy brow? How women's eyebrows reveal where they hail from even better than accents

So thank you for that!  :D

I hate myself for knowing this but that article is wrong.  :-[ - Then again the daily mail is always wrong.

It is a myth that the Daily Mail never prints the truth. It has the right price on it.

Crow

Quote from: Recusant on July 14, 2012, 04:07:55 PM
Do tell!

LOL

I got the sarcasm but seeing as I have nothing better to do it's really more like Elizabeth Taylors eyebrows but entirely made out of make-up. From the article the Middleton lass has the most scouse of brows but not as fake. This is a scouse brow and they are fucking horrible.
Retired member.

Recusant

Cool. That one young lady with the black hair seemed to be a particularly good example. I actually like the more natural version the Mail is calling the "South brow," finding heavily plucked brows off-putting. But then, being a unibrow myself, I suppose I'm just showing my tribal loyalty.

— H. L. Mencken

DeterminedJuliet

I had never heard of a "scouse brow" before, either.

I do have a make-up pet-peeve, though. Some women love to abuse the cat-eye look. When done well, it can look really sophisticated and flattering. But a lot of people take the "more must be better" approach and it just looks... bad (in my opinion). I had a supervisor who used to wear eye makeup similar to the second picture on a daily basis.

Nice Cat-eye

Bad Cat-eye

I agree, Crow. The women you posted are all very beautiful with nicely done make-up that enhances rather than distracts.  :)
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.