News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

12,000 posts

Started by Tank, July 09, 2012, 09:37:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

And what a waste of fucking time they were .
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

AnimatedDirt

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

(((Tank)))  Please don't feel badly.  You are a much loved and valued member of this forum.  You can't please everybody all of the time; it's just not possible.  But that doesn't mean that we don't appreciate you and everything you do.  We do.  Congrats on 12000 and to another great 12000 more.   :)

AD - Stop being nasty.  Totally uncalled for.

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: Ali on July 09, 2012, 09:53:20 PM
(((Tank)))  Please don't feel badly.  You are a much loved and valued member of this forum.  You can't please everybody all of the time; it's just not possible.  But that doesn't mean that we don't appreciate you and everything you do.  We do.  Congrats on 12000 and to another great 12000 more.   :)

AD - Stop being nasty.  Totally uncalled for.

Me?  I simply agreed with his statement, but I'm nasty?

Ali

Yes, that was nasty.  And you know it.  Cut it out.

The Black Jester

Edited to correct a horrific spelling error:

Tank, your awesomeness is manifest.  I second that you are appreciated, and thank you for your efforts here on HAF.
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

"Confederation of the dispossessed,
Fearing neither god nor master." - Killing Joke

http://theblackjester.wordpress.com

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: Ali on July 09, 2012, 09:57:30 PM
Yes, that was nasty.  And you know it.  Cut it out.

So it's ok for a member to post in that tone ( your reply is proof of the tone we all took it as ) and we're supposed to stroke that?

Ali

How about just not kicking people when you know they're down? 

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: Ali on July 09, 2012, 10:06:20 PM
How about just not kicking people when you know they're down?

Would you call this thread OP a "civil tone"?  I wouldn't.

Think if I had made this thread and post...?

Asmodean

How is the OP uncivil? You are not one of those weirdos who are freaked out by the word "fucking", are you?  ???
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: Asmodean on July 09, 2012, 10:21:55 PM
How is the OP uncivil? You are not one of those weirdos who are freaked out by the word "fucking", are you?  ???

Weirdo?  No, not freaked out by the word, "fucking"...just the context and timing.

Now...let's try and think how we'd react if AD had made this thread and the words used in context and timing...

Will

AD, I went out on a fucking limb for you this morning. You repaid my attempt to rectify the situation with accusation, conspiracy, and now you post this? Goodbye. You are no longer welcome here.

Tank, I sincerely apologize for trying to find middle ground between responsible moderation and abject rudeness.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Stevil

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on July 09, 2012, 09:56:04 PM
Me?  I simply agreed with his statement, but I'm nasty?
I think it is time for some people to chill, just for a day or two.
No good can come of this, there will be no winners.

Recusant

Quote from: Stevil on July 09, 2012, 10:39:30 PMI think it is time for some people to chill, just for a day or two.
No good can come of this, there will be no winners.

Agreed. If any more silliness is put on display here, I'll be only too happy to take this thread off of the public sections of the forum.

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken