News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Because using a cattle brand implies a lack of trust.

Started by Ali, June 28, 2012, 04:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetdeath

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on July 12, 2012, 01:32:22 AM
Ya knows Ali, now. She's always SOO suspicious of everyone...  
Edit: But seriously, having one person cheat on you is grounds for thinking that "all women are the same"?

LOL, no, no~
Ah, i am seriously having a hard time posting tonight. I apologize.

He is just hurt is all, because it was his first relationship. I have never been cheated on, but i know that if i was--- i would be very hurt and probably not trusting either. Being cheated on is a horrible thing, i cannot imagine it is easy to recover from.
Trust is fragile. :(
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Ali

SD - Sorry, I should have clarified.  I wasn't referring to your friend specifically, I was more thinking aloud about "nice guys" in general.  Every time I've met a man that calls himself "a nice guy who gets screwed over by women," he's really not nice at all.  It's more like he's got a script in his head about the object of his affections ("object" being the operative word) and he gets pissed when she doesn't follow the script.  And then turns that around and makes it about women, and why they are bitches, and why they really crave someone that treats them like shit, and not that it's really about him and about how he couldn't buy her affections by taking her on a vacation or whatever bullshit he did that makes him think that she's now obligated to be his woman.  Haha, that was weirdly specific.   

Buddy

Quote from: Ali on July 12, 2012, 04:10:27 AM
SD - Sorry, I should have clarified.  I wasn't referring to your friend specifically, I was more thinking aloud about "nice guys" in general.  Every time I've met a man that calls himself "a nice guy who gets screwed over by women," he's really not nice at all.  It's more like he's got a script in his head about the object of his affections ("object" being the operative word) and he gets pissed when she doesn't follow the script.  And then turns that around and makes it about women, and why they are bitches, and why they really crave someone that treats them like shit, and not that it's really about him and about how he couldn't buy her affections by taking her on a vacation or whatever bullshit he did that makes him think that she's now obligated to be his woman.  Haha, that was weirdly specific.   

This and guys complaining about being "friend zoned" really irritate me. It's like they expect the world to give them what they want for just being a nice. That is just selfish thinking.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Sweetdeath

Ali and Budhorse:

Yes, and yes.
i completely agree with that. sadly, a lot of men feel like they can't just be friends with women. their fucking loss.

(haha, i like your descriptions, Ali.)
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank

Edit: But seriously, having one person cheat on you is grounds for thinking that "all women are the same"?
Rationally no, irrationally yes. Emotional pain can be worse and longer lasting than physical pain. If a person really 'puts themselves out there' and makes themselves emotionally vulnerable and is betrayed (particularly when young and in love for the first time) the consequences can be devastating. And it's not unreasonable to expect a young inexperienced person to react in an irrational manner simply to defend there own shattered ego.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Tank on July 12, 2012, 08:55:02 AM
Rationally no, irrationally yes. Emotional pain can be worse and longer lasting than physical pain. If a person really 'puts themselves out there' and makes themselves emotionally vulnerable and is betrayed (particularly when young and in love for the first time) the consequences can be devastating. And it's not unreasonable to expect a young inexperienced person to react in an irrational manner simply to defend there own shattered ego.

Fair enough. I guess its easy for us "old married people" to forget what it's like sometimes. Though, even when I was teenager, I don't think I would have painted an entire gender as bad people. But I might be a minority. People have always told me that I act old for my age. 
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.