News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Teddy Bear Service

Started by OldGit, June 28, 2012, 12:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Quote from: MadBomr101 on July 04, 2012, 02:07:14 AM
If it were me, I'd offer to bless people's cars.  That'll get em' there.  "Bring your vehicle in to be cloaked in the divine insurance of God's Holy Blessing."  

I haven't done the web search yet, but I'm fairly sure I've heard of this being done.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Dobermonster

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on July 04, 2012, 06:24:44 PM
If it were me, I'd offer to bless people's cars.  That'll get em' there.  "Bring your vehicle in to be cloaked in the divine insurance of God's Holy Blessing."  

I haven't done the web search yet, but I'm fairly sure I've heard of this being done.

Sounds like a brilliant way to test "blessing". Get a priest to bless one lot of 100 cars, and leave another lot as a control. Monitor the number of accidents the vehicles encounter over their lifetimes and the injury/death rate. Let's see if there's a difference.

Sandra Craft

The blessing of the cars

I knew I'd heard of this!  I also found sites for the event in LA, NY, MD but none of them had a cool video.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

En_Route

Quote from: Dobermonster on July 04, 2012, 07:05:17 PM

Sounds like a brilliant way to test "blessing". Get a priest to bless one lot of 100 cars, and leave another lot as a control. Monitor the number of accidents the vehicles encounter over their lifetimes and the injury/death rate. Let's see if there's a difference.

If more people die in the blessed cars, this is because God has listened to his earthly representative and has allowed the victims to enjoy heavenly bliss ahead of the queue . If more people die in the unblessed cars, this is because God has listened to his earthly representative and is demonstrating his divine mercy by sparing the drivers in the blessed cars. . If an equal number die in the blessed cars and the unblessed cars, then He must have been away on His holidays at the time.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

MadBomr101

This is so worth doing. 
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

MadBomr101

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on July 04, 2012, 07:25:55 PM
The blessing of the cars

I knew I'd heard of this!  I also found sites for the event in LA, NY, MD but none of them had a cool video.

Why am I not surprised?

That video is kinda hysterical.
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

MadBomr101

Quote from: En_Route on July 04, 2012, 09:47:45 PM

If more people die in the blessed cars, this is because God has listened to his earthly representative and has allowed the victims to enjoy heavenly bliss ahead of the queue . If more people die in the unblessed cars, this is because God has listened to his earthly representative and is demonstrating his divine mercy by sparing the drivers in the blessed cars. . If an equal number die in the blessed cars and the unblessed cars, then He must have been away on His holidays at the time.

These sound like reasonable conclusions to draw.
- Bomr