News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

PM outbox

Started by Siz, June 08, 2012, 09:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siz

Can someone tell me how I can view pm's I have sent. The outbox is empty and I can't see where else to look.

Many thanks.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: Scissorlegs on June 08, 2012, 09:18:37 PM
Can someone tell me how I can view pm's I have sent.

I don't think there is a 'sent' folder anymore.  One has to check the 'save sent PM' ( or whatever it reads ) box at the bottom of each PM you send for it to go into your outbox and stay there.

Recusant

If you haven't made a point of clicking the "save a copy" box for any particular message, you'll have to ask the recipient to send you a copy. To prevent this issue in the future, go to your profile and click on "Personal Message Options." In the option menu you will find a couple of boxes that can be ticked. One is "Save a copy of each Personal Message in my outbox by default." Tick that, and you won't have to manually save each message in future. The other, "Show a popup when you receive new messages?" is useful as well, since the notification of waiting messages is otherwise relatively unobtrusive. I know that before I ticked that box, messages would sometimes go unnoticed. Make sure to click "Change Profile" at the bottom of the options menu to get the changes to take effect. It might be better if both of these were the default settings, but I don't know if that's possible.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: Recusant on June 08, 2012, 10:08:43 PM
Tick that, and you won't have to manually save each message in future.

Great!  I didn't know that one.  :)

Recusant

. . . you'll have to ask the recipient to send you a copy.

If the above isn't possible, perhaps Tank can help you retrieve a particular message. I don't know if he has that capability, though.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

Quote from: Recusant on June 08, 2012, 10:23:00 PM
. . . you'll have to ask the recipient to send you a copy.

If the above isn't possible, perhaps Tank can help you retrieve a particular message. I don't know if he has that capability, though.
Administrators can neither read nor retrieve PMs unless the contents are reported as this creates a copy for all staff to read.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Siz

Now I know everything I need to know to remember everything I needed to say... ;D

Thanks all :-*

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!