News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Help Me Understand - Why Would a Religious Person Act This Way?

Started by xSilverPhinx, May 28, 2012, 02:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Firebird on May 28, 2012, 09:00:49 PM
I have no idea whether they really believe in god or not at that point, but I'm willing to bet that he puffed up his moral, Christian credentials precisely because he felt ashamed and was trying to compensate for it in some twisted way. There's all sorts of examples like this both inside and outside the church (Ted Haggerty, for example). Most of the times, the ones who yell loudest about "morality" are often the ones doing it to make up for the shame they feel.

This is how i feel. They need to think that being human is wrong, because everything we do is a sin.
It must be pretty sad to not have a  normal sexual life because of  religious guilt. ::)
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Sweetdeath on May 29, 2012, 02:49:53 AM

This is how i feel. They need to think that being human is wrong, because everything we do is a sin.
It must be pretty sad to not have a  normal sexual life because of  religious guilt. ::)

What is a normal sexual life?  Seriously.  Remove all concepts of religion and tell me what a "normal sexual life" is.  I don't think there is such a thing.  Everyone has their own deviance.  If normal is majority, then it's got to be heterosexual, but I don't think you'll agree with that.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on May 29, 2012, 03:57:14 AM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on May 29, 2012, 02:49:53 AM

What is a normal sexual life?  Seriously.  Remove all concepts of religion and tell me what a "normal sexual life" is.  I don't think there is such a thing.  Everyone has their own deviance.  If normal is majority, then it's got to be heterosexual, but I don't think you'll agree with that.

I meant normal as just, healthy, active sex life. I could care less, since every single person has a fetish of some sort.
::)

Pffft, i masturbate every now abd then.

Some religious people think masturbation or unprotected sex is a sin. I laugh.
They feel guilty or ashamed of normal sexual thoughts or desires; such as masturbation.

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Gawen

Quote from: SweetdeathPffft, i masturbate every now abd then.
Ummm....

I just lost my entire train of thought....
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Siz

Quote from: Gawen on June 01, 2012, 07:13:03 AM
Quote from: SweetdeathPffft, i masturbate every now abd then.
Ummm....

I was thinking POINH  :D

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

xSilverPhinx

LOL :D

Update: the guy is villianising other people for exposing him, when he's in the wrong. I give up, I don't get these people. ::)

Lame ass excuses such as what the heart doesn't know the brain can't feel...or something like that. ???

(I may be speaking total rubbish here, I've been a bit sleep deprived lately.)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Scissorlegs on June 01, 2012, 08:37:32 AM
Quote from: Gawen on June 01, 2012, 07:13:03 AM
Quote from: SweetdeathPffft, i masturbate every now and then.
Ummm....

I was thinking POINH  :D

XD oh you guys.
<3