News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Funny Stories from Your Past

Started by Ali, May 26, 2012, 05:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

The game thread (The Next Person....) got me thinking about something that happened a lifetime ago but still makes me giggle.  (Thanks Asmo, for making me picture hot wax being poured on a person's nether regions.)

Years ago when I was in college, I lived in a house with several roommates.  One fine summer afternoon, I was sitting out on the back porch smoking and talking on my cell, when one of my female roommates came waddling out in a bathrobe with a rather panicky look on her face.  I'll attempt to recreate our convo for dramatic effect, but I'm sure it's not word for word.

Roomie:  I need your help.
Ali:  I'm talking to J (my now husband, then "just friends" friend), can it wait a sec?
R: Uuuhhhh.....
A: Okay, hang on (says goodbyes to J)  What's up?
R:  I bought one of those home waxing kits.....and I tried it....and the paper pulled away, leaving the wax stuck to my hair, and now I can't get it off....and I've, uh, sealed myself shut.
A: *Blank uncomprehending stare*
R: MY GIRL PARTS ARE GLUED SHUT!!!
A:  (laughs and laughs and laughs)
R:  It's not funny, what do I do?
A:  Have you tried showering?
R:  Yes, of course, and sitting in a hot bath.  I was stuck to the tub for a minute too.
A: (laughs and laughs and laughs)  Okay, well....we could try melting it off with a blow dryer....
(It's okay if you pause for a moment here to picture Ali pointing a blow dryer at her roommates private parts, brow furrowed in concentration.  I always do.)
R:  No!  Anyway, I don't think it would be hot enough to melt it, and if it was, it would hurt.
A:  Ice?  Peanut butter?
R:  What?!?  Why?!?
A:  Well that's what is supposed to work if you get gum stuck in your hair.  Tomato juice?  No wait, that's skunks.
R:  I should have asked N (male roommate)
A:  Doesn't your cousin do hair?  Call her, I bet she knows.

Turns out, Roomie's Cousin did know.  Baby oil.  So, if you ever seal bits of yourself shut with hot wax, baby oil takes it right off.  You're welcome.

So, tell me a funny from your past now!

DeterminedJuliet

Bahahaha! I don't know if I have any that can top that, but I'll do something thinking and get back to ya ;)
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Asmodean

Shoulda' called The Asmo. He's good at organic solvents.  ;D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Crow

Retired member.

Ali

Quote from: Crow on May 26, 2012, 06:16:24 PM
NO FLIPPING WAY! hahahahahaha.

Swear to Asmo, it happened!  LOL!!!  I can still picture her standing there in that white bathrobe, all red faced and sweaty.  LMAO

En_Route

Ah yes, "I'd really love to, but unfortunately my girl parts are glued shut" .  How often did I hear that line in response to my soulful entreaties!
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Tank

I once had to buy a hacksaw because I lost the keys to a set of handcuffs. I then discovered you can't saw chain so had buy a set of bolt cutters and find a lock smith. He didn't ask any questions but he really really wanted to!!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

It's obvious enough though... Clothes on probably means on the run from law enforcement. Clothes off probably means was spanked recently.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on May 26, 2012, 07:51:26 PM
It's obvious enough though... Clothes on probably means on the run from law enforcement. Clothes off probably means was spanked recently.
Nope.  :D
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Ali

Quote from: Tank on May 26, 2012, 07:53:18 PM

So you were the spanker instead of the spankee?

Tank

Quote from: Ali on May 26, 2012, 08:33:23 PM
Quote from: Tank on May 26, 2012, 07:53:18 PM

So you were the spanker instead of the spankee?
Long story  ;D

Hector Valdez

Hmm... that's an interesting scenario. Hold on, lemme visualize it for a bit...mmm...uh-huh...hmm...yeah.

Well, I don't have a particular story to top that, but there was that one time when I openly admitted to not understanding how the sexual odor smells like fish, thus cementing my reputation as a virgin amongst my classmates. I have, however, held abreast.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: RenegeReversi on May 26, 2012, 09:50:32 PM
Hmm... that's an interesting scenario. Hold on, lemme visualize it for a bit...mmm...uh-huh...hmm...yeah.

Well, I don't have a particular story to top that, but there was that one time when I openly admitted to not understanding how the sexual odor smells like fish, thus cementing my reputation as a virgin amongst my classmates. I have, however, held abreast.

Uhhhhh, not in my experience, it doesn't.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Hector Valdez

It does with certain yeast infections, I suppose. Then again, we were discussing shakespeare in the park. O.O But I really don't know. I am, alas, a virgin.  :'(

Ali

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on May 26, 2012, 10:28:46 PM
Quote from: RenegeReversi on May 26, 2012, 09:50:32 PM

Uhhhhh, not in my experience, it doesn't.

Reminds me of the 40 Year Old Virgin where he compares the breast to a bag of sand....