News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

About Me

Started by 100Facts, May 24, 2012, 09:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevil

Quote from: Crow on May 26, 2012, 12:54:30 AM
If everyone was critical thinking then yes but sadly they are not. The only thing that properly breaks hypnosis is better hypnosis, I have been reading quite a bit into the subject since reading the aforementioned book due to its efficiency, whilst looking at traditional hypnosis through literature the first thing that kept coming to mind was the Bible and the Koran. As the two are highly efficient with certain people, and abysmal with others, the traditional method of hypnosis is notorious for not working with people that are critical thinking. So have began to wonder is there a correlation.
That's an interesting thought. Wonder if some studies have been done?

Stevil

Quote from: En_Route on May 26, 2012, 12:22:35 AM
You can add me to your fan list. Your contributions are always lucid and intelligent, with a welcome leavening of wit.
Wow, thank you En_Route

Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism

Welcome.  I was like you once.  Wanting to end all religion. Now i just try to end religion based ignorance one person at a time.
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out". Richard Dawkins

markmcdaniel

Welcome. I hope that your Mother's friend got the treatment that It's behavior deserved.
It appears to me (whether rightly or wrongly) that direct arguments against Christianity and theism produce hardly any effect on the public; and freedom of thought is best promoted by the gradual illumination of men's minds which follows from the advance of science - Charles Darwin

I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the object of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a god, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. - Albert Einstein

Religion is a by product of fear. For much of human history, it may have been a necessary evil, but why was it more evil than necessary? Isn't killing people in the name of God a pretty good definition of insanity. - Arther C. Clarke

Faith means not wanting to know what is true. - Friedrich Nietzsche