News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Game: The Next Person... (true or false)

Started by Amicale, May 21, 2012, 10:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 31, 2022, 11:53:45 PM
True - I just looked it up and studied it for 30 seconds. As a result, I have declared war on Luxembourg. I plan a three-pronged attack from Germany, France and Belgium, using Valkyrie mercenaries.

TNP is a married male and does the weekly shopping.

Mostly true. This is because my wife is now the "breadwinner", once one ignores my income. I'm just a gigolo, these days. :P

TNP forgives their significant other for physical abuse. Expecting disagree.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Dark Lightning on February 01, 2022, 01:37:21 AM

TNP forgives their significant other for physical abuse. Expecting disagree.

False of course, what a creepy question.

I have a memory from the first weeks of living with my other, (we're approaching 40 years now).   After some hours of alcohol my beloved became in ya face belligerent.
I don't recall what her issue was, I remember thinking and saying I'm not doing this.

I'd seen my mother taunt my father, an inch from his face, daring him to hit her, I have no conclusions on the where or what of that.

I'm sure she learned that shit from her mother.
Anyway the cycle was broken.

TNP's next car might be an electric car.

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Ecurb Noselrub

True. Ford is coming out with an electric F-150 in the not too distant future, and I would like one. I want to be green, or at least greener.  I've done my share of polluting the air.

TNP wants to do the right thing but continually fucks up.

Tank

False. But only the 'continually' bit. I do 'fuck up' but then who doesn't. I'm generally happy with my unfuckedupidness.

TNP has made of a word?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bad Penny II

I'm going to interpret that as "made up a word"  True

You've driven to the shop, parked, got your reusable bags, phone so you can use your covid ap to sign in to the store, it's raining, you ballerina across a puddle, you're nearly at the door, you see people, argenfunkngner, you've forgotten your mask.

The NP doesn't understand why anyone would buy a low back lounge/sofa.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Ecurb Noselrub

True. It's called a bed. Very, very low back.

TNP has experienced great joy and satisfaction by helping someone else reach a worthy goal.

billy rubin

me! me! sort of, maybe.

about thirty years ago i persuaded my lovely wife to marry me.

i got a much better deal than she did, which is why i wonder a bit about the worthy part.

lots of ups and downs trying to match gaits with a left handed blonde pisces viking artist born in the year of the dragon, bur we're still together and tonight she read pottawatomie creation mythology to me while i lay exhausted on the couch from a week out in bad road conditions and she fed me cream cheese on crackers the whole time

im still astonished she puts up with me.

but the next poster has jumped from one ship to another adjacent at the open sea with out nets or safety gear of any kind and thought it was normal at the time

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Icarus

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on February 03, 2022, 03:21:27 PM

TNP has experienced great joy and satisfaction by helping someone else reach a worthy goal.

True I have helped a few people achieve a goal.  I am not sure of my motivation for putting myself out there for the benefit of another person.  Maybe it is because I have had several people, during the course of my life, who helped me immeasurably.  All of them have sailed over the bar, now, but my sincerest gratitude remains.

TNP will also recognize that other people have helped you on your way.

P.S.  I have one of those extremely low backed couches.  I will begin to use it within a few minutes from now.  (My clock is nearing 2 AM)

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on February 04, 2022, 12:18:23 AM

but the next poster has jumped from one ship to another adjacent at the open sea with out nets or safety gear of any kind and thought it was normal at the time

False. But I am always amazed when I watch films from factories in the WWII era and there is often no PPE on people using heavy machinery!

Quote from: Icarus on February 04, 2022, 07:27:43 AM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on February 03, 2022, 03:21:27 PM

TNP will also recognize that other people have helped you on your way.

True. But not many when I think about it. In fact there would be at least as many who have not.

TNP If you knew then what you know now name one thing you would have done differently.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Tank on February 04, 2022, 08:35:27 AM

True. But not many when I think about it. In fact there would be at least as many who have not.

TNP If you knew then what you know now name one thing you would have done differently.

I would have moved outside the United States.

TNP would rather be waterboarded than spend an hour stuck on an elevator with an anti-vaxxer.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tank

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on February 04, 2022, 03:42:31 PM
Quote from: Tank on February 04, 2022, 08:35:27 AM

I would have moved outside the United States.

TNP would rather be waterboarded than spend an hour stuck on an elevator with an anti-vaxxer.

False! I would have a captive audience. They'd get vaxxed just to shut me up!!!

TNP has shit in the woods.

Ecurb Noselrub

True, I have all kinds of stuff in the woods. Or did I misunderstand the question.

TNP routinely chooses suspect but logically valid interpretations of facts, statements and circumstances.

Tom62

True, I need facts and more facts because emotions and opinions are flawed.

TNP has read the graphic novel Maus
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

TheFightSong

Nah, mate.

T.N.P. can twerk fast and continuously for 5 hours without their body getting sore.