News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Game: The Next Person... (true or false)

Started by Amicale, May 21, 2012, 10:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

True. Pickles are an abomination.

TNP cannot eat tomatoes.

billy rubin

Quote from: Magdalena on September 16, 2021, 07:47:31 PM
True. I can't swim.
(No, that does not prove I am a witch because I do float! But I can't swim, that's not the same thing.)  >:(

**And that's not Father Flannigan.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

TNP doesn't like pickles.

if yiu can float you can swim.

swimming is just making splashy movements that float you somewhere else.

set the function, not the mechanism.

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on September 17, 2021, 12:19:34 AM
if yiu can float you can swim.

swimming is just making splashy movements that float you somewhere else.
OK. Good to know. :)
Easier said than done. ;D

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

fill a large bathtub with water, and lie in it full length until your body is floating

now thrash your arms and legs violently up and down.

you are swimming.

Bad Penny II

False, you're just making a watery disaster all over the floor.

tnp thinks they will do more swimming/floating in coming months.

When I was a young thin I couldn't float, I had to keep moving, like the apocryphal shark, I'm a good floater now.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

billy rubin

false

it will be cold soon. the swimming hole is already likely to be uncomfortable, and i havent been init since last year.

the NP has never been bitten by a frightened dog

Tom62

False, I've been bitten by angry dogs instead.

TNP prefers cats over dogs
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Tom62 on September 17, 2021, 03:01:45 PM
TNP prefers cats over dogs
So this is what is known as a false dilemma, sometimes referred to as false dichotomy, either way it is an informal fallacy. Basically it has the form of a disjunctive claim, as it asserts that one among a number of alternatives must be true.
Obviously no one would prefer kats over Dogs.

TNP finds old Abbot and Costello movies entertaining.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Bad Penny II

False
tnp thinks
this imbuing pets with virtues is a crock
painting eyes on a rock 'd serve as well,
but they keep the thought to themself.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Davin

Quote from: Bad Penny II
tnp thinks
this imbuing pets with virtues is a crock
We're probably also projecting feelings and personalities onto them that aren't representative of their true internal states. Same can be said when interacting with other human animals though. If humans have virtues, then likely so do our evolutionary mammalian distant cousins.

painting eyes on a rock 'd serve as well,
Or painting stars on a clothe, but people seem to like the pictures that Van Gogh feller made. To each their own.

but they keep the thought to themself.
I do not, and that's the problem with the world I suppose, people won't simple sit still in their own homes in silence and never interact with others.

TNP keeps about 92% of their thoughts to themselves.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

False. I keep about 91.5% of my thoughts to myself.

TNP, just like I, is glad to see Davin posting, interesting stuff, again, as always.  :)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on September 17, 2021, 09:24:08 PM
False. I keep about 91.5% of my thoughts to myself.

TNP, just like I, is glad to see Davin posting, interesting stuff, again, as always.  :)

Very true indeed...I still remember the first time I met Davin. We were 11 years old, and Sister Agatha made us sit next to each other the first semester at school. We didn't talk much because we each had our own group of friends from the previous years that we normally hung out with it, plus Davin came from a really rich family, and always wore expensive clothes. Not that my family was poor, but my parents made me wear hand me downs, so I felt sort of insecure.

Davin was really nice, but he was also kind of preppy...All the girls liked him, that's for sure. I on the other hand was really shy.
One day I forgot my homework, and I new Sister Agatha would beat my ass so I was really upset, and Davin being the cool and nice kid that he was let me copy his homework.
8)

TNP has experienced "15 minutes of Fame".

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Ecurb Noselrub

False.  I had 2 weeks of fame in Waco, Texas.  I was on the front page of the local paper in 1994 on a case I was trying.  But it did not reach the level of fame of the Branch Davidians.  So, I guess I failed.  But I won the case.

TNP has visited the site of the David Koresh immolation.

Dark Lightning

False. I spent about 2.5 hours in the Texas Panhandle, returning home to California at some fairly high speeds, in June of '73. I had a '69 Camaro with a 327 and the panhandle was pretty boring. I stretched the car's legs a bit. I recall seeing a couple of birds swooping after each other. I suspect it was a mating pair, but at my speed (>100 MPH), by the time I saw them, close to the ground, they went under the car. There were no feathers on my car.

TNP considers me an animal for driving that fast, out in the middle of nowhere.

billy rubin

many years ago, somewhere in new mexico, in the high desert

on my old triumph, 90 miles per hour

mile after mile, flat on the tank

as the basalt cliffs slowly swung up from over the horizon and grew in height

mile after mile.

tnp has never seen the calm isolation of the high desert

i ask myself.

why am i not in the west? what ever possessed me to emigrate to appalachia?

of all places?