News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Game: The Next Person... (true or false)

Started by Amicale, May 21, 2012, 10:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy

True. I was too young to care about girls at the time. Also, my family never went up the tower but we were beside it.

TNP loves playing Twister while intoxicated (choice of anything which gets you this way is yours).
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Ecurb Noselrub

False. Twister while intoxicated will only make me more likely to vomit on my friends.

TNP is ready for a long road trip through the desert.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 13, 2020, 01:15:19 AM
False. Twister while intoxicated will only make me more likely to vomit on my friends.

TNP is ready for a long road trip through the desert.

True/False. I have a prospective purchase of a truck that is in Oregon, and I am in southern California. It would be in and out of desert on the drive to/from.

TNP has a truck (or two).

billy rubin

true.

i have six trucks. but i dont own an airplane. but i would like a 1941 piper super cub. beautiful machine.

the next poster doesnt own an airplane either

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Randy

True. However, I'd thought about learning to fly and getting a pilot's license. I owned various versions of Microsoft's Flight Simulator and bought a flight yoke.

The next person has played Flight Simulator.
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Tom62

True, I played the 1984 Flight Simulator 2.0 version for approx. one hour and hated it because I kept crashing the plane. Never played it since.

TNP loves telecommuting
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tom62 on June 13, 2020, 08:48:49 PM
True, I played the 1984 Flight Simulator 2.0 version for approx. one hour and hated it because I kept crashing the plane. Never played it since.

TNP loves telecommuting

It feels a little odd, like I'm retired when I'm actually not retired.

TNP has retired.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

True. But if I could have telecommuted, I would have worked until full retirement age.

TNP loves their job.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dark Lightning on June 13, 2020, 11:18:49 PM
True. But if I could have telecommuted, I would have worked until full retirement age.

TNP loves their job.

True, even with all the frustrating setbacks. Not too fond of the side hustle, though.

TNP has a side hustle.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Randy

False. I have nothing going on the side. I don't even have a job.

The next person brews beer.

Tank

False: But as I now have time and space you never know  :drink:

TNP: Is generally happy at the moment.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

joeactor

True!

TNP knows a famous priest or holy man.

Magdalena

Quote from: joeactor on June 16, 2020, 05:02:43 PM
True!

True.
I knew 2 of them. Did my first communion with both of them and then, they were killed.  :(
Father Rutilio Grande and
Archbishop Óscar Arnulfo Romero.

QuoteRutilio Grande García was a Jesuit priest in El Salvador. He was assassinated in 1977, along with two other Salvadorans. He was the first priest assassinated before the civil war started and a close friend of Archbishop Óscar Arnulfo Romero.

QuoteÓscar Arnulfo Romero y Galdámez (15 August 1917 – 24 March 1980) was a prelate of the Catholic Church in El Salvador who served as the fourth Archbishop of San Salvador. He spoke out against poverty, social injustice, assassinations, and torture amid a growing war between left-wing and right-wing forces.[3] In 1980, Romero was assassinated while celebrating Mass in the chapel of the Hospital of Divine Providence. Though no one was ever convicted for the crime.

TNP doesn't even know where El Salvador is on a map.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

joeactor

Quote from: Magdalena on June 16, 2020, 07:36:46 PM
Quote from: joeactor on June 16, 2020, 05:02:43 PM
True!

True.
I knew 2 of them. Did my first communion with both of them and then, they were killed.  :(
Father Rutilio Grande and
Archbishop Óscar Arnulfo Romero.

QuoteRutilio Grande García was a Jesuit priest in El Salvador. He was assassinated in 1977, along with two other Salvadorans. He was the first priest assassinated before the civil war started and a close friend of Archbishop Óscar Arnulfo Romero.

QuoteÓscar Arnulfo Romero y Galdámez (15 August 1917 – 24 March 1980) was a prelate of the Catholic Church in El Salvador who served as the fourth Archbishop of San Salvador. He spoke out against poverty, social injustice, assassinations, and torture amid a growing war between left-wing and right-wing forces.[3] In 1980, Romero was assassinated while celebrating Mass in the chapel of the Hospital of Divine Providence. Though no one was ever convicted for the crime.

TNP doesn't even know where El Salvador is on a map.

True... but I know where it's at now.

Very tragic tales for both priests. My condolences, Mags.

TNP Wants To Go Walkies.

OldGit

No, but my dog does.  Hard luck, hound, it's raining.

TNP doesn't like rain.