News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Game: The Next Person... (true or false)

Started by Amicale, May 21, 2012, 10:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluenose

Semi true.  I have flown half way around the world several times via multiple flights each time.

TNP has flown in an aircraft with fewer than 6 seats

+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Tank

True. 4. And inverted!

TNB gets motion sick?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bluenose

False.  The best night's sleep I ever got was during a crossing of the Great Australian Bight in 1980 when HMAS Melbourne was heading into 60 ft swells and taking them green over the flight deck - slept like a baby!  Also my first flight in the navy was with an instructor who had a reputation for making new students air sick.  We got airborne (in a 2 seater CT-4 trainer aircraft) his "familiarisation" was to point out to various places "that's Area A. B, C, D. want to do some aeros?"  He spent an hour throwing the aircraft about in the air, I thoroughly enjoyed it and not a hint of air sickness.  He, he...

TNP gets queasy just thinking about that
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Bluenose on July 10, 2019, 01:37:37 PM
False.  The best night's sleep I ever got was during a crossing of the Great Australian Bight in 1980 when HMAS Melbourne was heading into 60 ft swells and taking them green over the flight deck - slept like a baby!  Also my first flight in the navy was with an instructor who had a reputation for making new students air sick.  We got airborne (in a 2 seater CT-4 trainer aircraft) his "familiarisation" was to point out to various places "that's Area A. B, C, D. want to do some aeros?"  He spent an hour throwing the aircraft about in the air, I thoroughly enjoyed it and not a hint of air sickness.  He, he...

TNP gets queasy just thinking about that

False, though I'm sure being there I would.

The next person thinks they're better than the next person but will deny that they do.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Ecurb Noselrub

False, but you never know because I could just be denying it.

TNP would like to have met Abraham Lincoln for a beer and a conversation. 

Bad Penny II

True, I'd like to quiz him on his vampire slaying technique.
The next person, being a right thinking person thinks when they remake Buffy, Magic Serpent Pudding should be the uber evil in series I and Eric V Arachnid, with his spider leg dreads will do for II.

xSilverPhinx

False. They should never remake Buffy. Ever.

TNP does like those spider leg dreads, though.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

Just recognized the dreads as a spider today!  :-[ Do not like.

TNP thinks that the rest of his outfit is cute, though.

Ecurb Noselrub

Yeah, but it's not anything that I would wear.

TNP prefers shorts to long pants.

jumbojak

False. I am going to try wearing shorts at the gym. Try...

TNP would like a piano.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

True, though I don't know what I would do with it.

TNP would like to take a power nap right now.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Essie Mae

False because it's only 10 am, but come 2 pm .........

TNP loathes morning TV.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Tank

True as a rule.

TNP likes the smell of pine trees?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Bad Penny II

True but I'm not sure if this like of mine has been formed by smelling pine trees or artificial pine scented... or just the endless FRESH pine scented commercials.

The next person thinks Jupiter is prettier than both Saturn (talking planets here) and Brian Cox.

Tank

Sort of true. The most recent photos of Jupiter have been stunning. But I feel that if we had photos of similar quality of Saturn then Saturn would out shine Jupiter.

TNP thinks Saturn is prettier than Uranus?