News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Game: The Next Person... (true or false)

Started by Amicale, May 21, 2012, 10:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on July 29, 2012, 12:58:52 AM

The next person has accidently eaten moldy salsa.

False, I ate it on purpose, for the penicillin.

TNP is already dreading going to work on Monday.

Amicale

False, but since I (mostly) work from home, I don't often have far to go, and can work in my pyjamas.

DJ, I LOVE that she sent you a nice letter and $20! Aww!  :D

TNP enjoys leaving dimes, quarters or other small change in public areas for people to find.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

OldGit

QuoteTNP enjoys leaving dimes, quarters or other small change in public areas for people to find.

Well, it's fun if you glue them to the ground, then stand around and watch.
It is said that a certain nobleman used to keep a small charcoal brazier in his carraige, and throw showers of red-hot coins to the starving masses.

The Next Person generally avoids hot money.

En_Route

Quote from: OldGit on July 29, 2012, 07:21:01 PM

The Next Person generally avoids hot money.

It avoids me, alas.

TNP could talk the hind legs off a donkey.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Ali

Quote from: En_Route on July 29, 2012, 10:13:34 PM

It avoids me, alas.

TNP could talk the hind legs off a donkey.

False, and believe me, I've tried.  They're stuck on there good!

TNP has visited a chiropractor.

xSilverPhinx

True. A good chiropractor can really make you leave their clinic walking upright. Might be because your wallet gets a whole lot lighter, though...

TNP thinks Mondays should be banned.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Amicale

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 30, 2012, 12:37:10 AM
True. A good chiropractor can really make you leave their clinic walking upright. Might be because your wallet gets a whole lot lighter, though...

TNP thinks Mondays should be banned.

False. TNP thinks that worrying about/dreading/loathing Monday for half of Sunday should be banned!

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

OldGit

QuoteTNP thinks that worrying about/dreading/loathing Monday for half of Sunday should be banned!

If only it were so easy. :)

The Next Person can't wait.

xSilverPhinx

False. patience is one of my better quality.

(Who am I kidding?)

TNP can wait.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

False, just woke up from an early night nap.

TNP is feeling rather anxious.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 09, 2012, 12:51:20 AM
False, just woke up from an early night nap.

TNP is feeling rather anxious.

Well I wasn't until now.

The TNP is now anxiously trying to figure out if their current ill ease is justified.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on August 09, 2012, 02:42:25 AM

The TNP is now anxiously trying to figure out if their current ill ease is justified.

Hmmm. True, sort of.

TNP can't wait to see who wins the Olympic Decathlon and is crowned "The World's Greatest Athlete."

xSilverPhinx

False, I'm totally alienated when it comes to sporting events, soccer included (which in Brazil would seem impossible at first). Though I will likely find out who received that title.

TNP figures there's really nothing to be anxious about at the moment and goes through seemingly unjustified momentary yet periodical emotional disturbances of that nature. 

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 09, 2012, 03:14:06 AM
TNP figures there's really nothing to be anxious about at the moment and goes through seemingly unjustified momentary yet periodical emotional disturbances of that nature. 

No, well sort of.   I think occasional anxiety is part of the human condition but I usually get angry at anxiety.  Anger usually squashes anxiety, humour beats angst/absurdity.  Some gloominess and anger is OK, helpful even.

TNP prefers self propulsion to motorised.