News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Game: The Next Person... (true or false)

Started by Amicale, May 21, 2012, 10:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amicale

False. Sorry to be a killjoy Ali, and I hope you have a fantastic time. I'm just not a spa lady, or indeed much of a party lady.  :D

TNP enjoys gardening, particularly flowers, and would like to list the sorts of plants they like working with.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: Amicale on June 05, 2012, 09:01:07 PM
TNP enjoys gardening, particularly flowers, and would like to list the sorts of plants they like working with.

True, but listing isn't part of the truth.  I'm working on our roses in the frontyard and working on beautifying our patio in back.

TNP loves Mountain Dew.

Ali

False.  I'm happy to say that I'm not a "pop" person in general, and Mountain Dew specifically is kind of gross.

TNP has been to the Coke museum in Atlanta and agrees with me that it's brilliant robbery to charge people $15 to go through a gigantic interactive Coke commercial.

En_Route

Quote from: Ali on June 05, 2012, 09:11:05 PM
False.  I'm happy to say that I'm not a "pop" person in general, and Mountain Dew specifically is kind of gross.

TNP has been to the Coke museum in Atlanta and agrees with me that it's brilliant robbery to charge people $15 to go through a gigantic interactive Coke commercial.

I've never even been to Atlanta. Plus I detest Coke and all its works, including its corny advertising campaigns.

The next person thinks Ireland is a green and pleasant land (despite never having been there).
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Ali

Quote from: En_Route on June 05, 2012, 10:03:45 PM
I've never even been to Atlanta. Plus I detest Coke and all its works, including its corny advertising campaigns.

The next person thinks Ireland is a green and pleasant land (despite never having been there).

Half true.   I think it's green, but I am uncertain about pleasant.  The way my Irish fellow used to rant about American tourists and their white tennis shoes (seriously, who gets mad at someone over the color of their athletic shoes?!?) made me wary of visiting Ireland.  :D

TNP uses the phrase "Well actually" (when correcting someone  ;)) at least once a day.

Asmodean

Usually, false.

The next person subscribes to at least one science magazine
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: Asmodean on June 05, 2012, 10:38:44 PM
The next person subscribes to at least one science magazine

False, but I do buy Scientific American and/or Popular Science when at the bookstore.

TNP cannot be outside without sunglasses on.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on June 05, 2012, 10:41:22 PM
TNP cannot be outside without sunglasses on.

True, and with progressive lenses I don't have go looking for a second pair of glasses before I leave home.

TNP hates pasta.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

En_Route

The reverse. Italian food in all it's manifestations is one of nature's glories.

The next person has opened up someone else's mail.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism

False although I have come close to it, and thrown out some when it kept coming to my apartment

TNP has been to an atheist meetup before
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out". Richard Dawkins

Siz

Quote from: Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism on June 06, 2012, 12:11:27 AM
False although I have come close to it, and thrown out some when it kept coming to my apartment

TNP has been to an atheist meetup before

True, and it was a hoot!

TNP has more than 5 remote-controls in their living room.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

False my frontroom is currently being controlled by Trolls who think they own everything

TNP has called a Girlfriend or wife 20 times in an hour in anger  >:(
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out". Richard Dawkins

Siz

Quote from: Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism on June 06, 2012, 12:25:27 AM
False my frontroom is currently being controlled by Trolls who think they own everything

TNP has called a Girlfriend or wife 20 times in an hour in anger  >:(

Totally false. Radio silence is a much better weapon.

TNP has driven over 100 miles for sex

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

True I've driven over 100 miles just for the chance I might have sex

TNP has driven over 100 miles to find a White Castle

DeterminedJuliet

Haha, false. I've never eaten at a White Castle (we don't have them in Canada).

The next person keeps thinking of The Magic Pudding (TMP) whenever they see TNP.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.