News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Game: The Next Person... (true or false)

Started by Amicale, May 21, 2012, 10:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

False.

The next person considers him/herself an artist, but feels self conscious actually saying "I'm an artist."

Buddy

Quote from: Ali on May 26, 2012, 08:31:12 PM
False.

The next person considers him/herself an artist, but feels self conscious actually saying "I'm an artist."

True, I hate it when people ask to look at my drawings.

It is ungodly hot where the next person lives.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Firebird

False. It's hot and I love it :-D

The next person has seduced someone even when they knew that person was with someone else.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Asmodean

Quote from: Budhorse4 on May 26, 2012, 11:38:52 PM
It is ungodly hot where the next person lives.
Have no way of comparing, since I have no idea how hot "godly" hot is, but no, I would not say so. The temperature inside on the sunny side peaked at 36 degrees Celsius this afternoon. That's full five degrees less than yesterday.

EDIT: True-ish. I did not "seduce" that person, but there were benefits without friendship. Basically, just sex for the sake of sex.

The next person is a meat eater
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

True, although I like to balance it with fruits and vegetables.

The next person hates driving.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Asmodean

Quote from: Budhorse4 on May 27, 2012, 12:00:46 AM
The next person hates driving.
True if it's driving drunk people to and from parties, false if it's just to waste time.

The next person has performed CPR (Practice dummies and the like do not count)
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Guardian85

True. Car accident. Pretty nasty.

The next person has a very peculiar and random allergy.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Asmodean

My allergies are random, but not uncommon.

The next person likes the taste of Whisky (Not by means of acquiring taste for a year or so)
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

En_Route

Quote from: Asmodean on May 27, 2012, 09:35:43 AM
My allergies are random, but not uncommon.

The next person likes the taste of Whisky (Not by means of acquiring taste for a year or so)

I abhor Whisky, the only function of which is to alleviate toothache, viz. False.

The next person wears pyjamas.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Asmodean

Quote from: En_Route on May 27, 2012, 10:54:18 AM
The next person wears pyjamas.
False. If it's something I wouldn't wear to the shops, at work or otherwise outside of my home, chances are I don't even own it.

The next person thinks Indonesian fundies have far too much free time on their hands...
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on May 27, 2012, 11:15:05 AM
The next person thinks Indonesian fundies have far too much free time on their hands...
True.

The next person thinks that creativity can not be forced.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on May 27, 2012, 11:23:23 AM
The next person thinks that creativity can not be forced.

False. I differentiate creativity by skill and creativity by talent (with inspiration). In my case, the first can usually be forced. The seond, usually not.

The next person has been bullied at school
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

DeterminedJuliet

True. There was one boy in particular who went out of his way to consistently make my life miserable throughout junior high.

The next person can sleep through anything.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Tank

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on May 27, 2012, 01:33:22 PM

The next person can sleep through anything.
False. Unfortunately.

The next person was an ugly duckling who grew into a swan.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

ThinkAnarchy

Quote from: Tank on May 27, 2012, 02:01:27 PM
False. Unfortunately.

The next person was an ugly duckling who grew into a swan.

False. Human baby who grew into a human adult.

The next person thinks that if time travel were possible, someone would have already traversed through time to tell us about it.
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.