News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Game: The Next Person... (true or false)

Started by Amicale, May 21, 2012, 10:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

False in the literal sense, but figuratively true. While student, I happened to share a rather uncomfortable couch for the night after a party with a buddy. I woke up from having the wind squeezed out of me when he tried to climb over. He was a cool cat though... Sigh, all family and kids and responsible adulthood now. Which... Is another kind of cool, I think - I just prefer not to be reminded that I too am getting old and gray in the beard with a stock portfolio and a bunch of friends whose youngest kids are hitting teenage years :(

...What was I on about? Ah, yes! The next person too contemplates dying the beard in defiance of entropy? :geezer!:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ecurb Noselrub

True, but why do it? I am old. I have a granddaughter who is a registered nurse.

TNP thinks his/her life could be a movie/TV series that would be at least a minor hit.

Icarus

Anne; have yourself checked for sleep Apnea.  Easy painless test that has you moderately wired up at bed time.  A recorder tracks your sleep pattern. A no sweat deal,that could possibly save you some future grief or worse.

Dark Lightning

I had a sleep study done. I have moderate sleep apnea, and was prescribed a machine. Some observations-

1. It fills your lungs for you, so you have to force an exhalation. I talked with the respiratory people about it, and that's how it works, and I'm supposed to get used to doing that. I don't use the machine because of that feature, plus

2. The machine communicates with the manufacturer via cell towers and sends your telemetry to them. I was not informed about that when prescribed the machine.

3. The manufacturer keeps the information gained via telemetry and you cannot control what they do with it.

It's going in the closet. I've never gone against a doctor's orders, but this is too much.

Tank

False, mainly because we don't own a cat. Not that one actually owns a cat.

The next person is too lazy sometimes?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

False. An Asmo is never too lazy, nor is he too industrious. He is precisely as productive as He means to be.

The next person is currently between books, and it's terrible as states of affiars go? :sadshake:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

False. I currently have 2 books on the go. Which is about usual.

TNP has a book idea bubbling away?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

No one

Several,in fact.

The following poster is a joker,a toker,a midnight smoker.

Icarus

Quote from: Dark Lightning on February 24, 2023, 12:37:28 AMI had a sleep study done. I have moderate sleep apnea, and was prescribed a machine. Some observations-

1. It fills your lungs for you, so you have to force an exhalation. I talked with the respiratory people about it, and that's how it works, and I'm supposed to get used to doing that. I don't use the machine because of that feature, plus

2. The machine communicates with the manufacturer via cell towers and sends your telemetry to them. I was not informed about that when prescribed the machine.

3. The manufacturer keeps the information gained via telemetry and you cannot control what they do with it.

It's going in the closet. I've never gone against a doctor's orders, but this is too much.

DL the machine that my wife uses is pretty docile.  It will pump some air onto your mouth or nose when it needs to and only when it  needs to do so. A very low volume compressor makes it work.  It is not like it would blow your head off.

As for the spy part....???? your machine may have that ability. If so I figure you might have a juicy court case that you can profit from. Or at least your personal injury lawyer can profit from such a case. The Hippa rules are pretty stiff. The machine that I am familiar with is marketed by Lincare a division of Linde Air Products.  It is a pretty innocent machine that does what it is supposed to do and no more.

'According to some TV ads that I have seen lately, there is a method for addressing the Apnea problem that does not involve masks or hoses. Some kind of electronic gizmo I suppose.  That one may very well send information to your pulmonologist office or to manufacturers headquarters. Your telephone and your computer already does that kind of stuff.

Dark Lightning

I know about the telemetry because the respiratory person mentioned in a phone conversation that I was only using the machine for a few minutes at a time, to which I commented that it must be ratting me out. I then went and read the literature, and discovered that it was true. I've seen the other device advertised, but if I get it right, it's an implant, and may still have the invasive component. The manufacturer is probably bound by HIPPA, but having had my entire family's personal information compromised many years ago (I used to work in defense), I'm leery about what that company can keep private.

Tank

My wife uses a CPAP machine. It phones telemetry into the NHS. They anaonamise the data and it is made available for research purposes.

billy rubin

i am the next poster and dont what to do

the next poster is better prepared

wait here it s

The following poster is a joker,a toker,a midnight smoker.

i do not toke no longer smoke but joke i do not always as obviously as some would like

TNP has had spitting cobras make the family dog unhappy

set the function, not the mechanism.

Tank

False. The worst we get here is an irritable squirrel. And all that does is wave its tail.

The next person will create and answer their own question.

The Magic Pudding.

False, that's heresy.  >:(

The Np is glad the retarded can be sheep too.

Icarus

^ I could make some snarky remarks about the proportion of people retarded, or merely beguiled, who are persuaded "to know God"

The NP has never eaten rattlesnake meat. (clue: it is deemed a delicacy by some)