News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Game: The Next Person... (true or false)

Started by Amicale, May 21, 2012, 10:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

True. But not as a kid.

TNP likes eating oysters?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding.

No one

False.

The following poster assisted Timothy Leary in turning on, tuning in, and dropping out.

Ecurb Noselrub

Sort of true, but I did not stay dropped out long, and was not directly involved with TL.

TNP is into the Yellowstone series.

The Magic Pudding.

False

To the Np, who avoided the chokey by being a lowly informer, Miss Trunchbull will always be a most formidable female.

Asmodean

True-ish, although eating children would have pleased The Asmo more and what's with the fear of ghosts of all things? You can walk right through the damned things, or so The Asmo is told.

In any case, it's Roald Dahl, who's being busily censored in the more emotionaly-fragile circles of the anglosphere, and  I am firmly of the opinion that whatever it is they try to spray-tag the current year all over, we need more of, so... Go headmistress!

The next person too finds the attempts at translating historical art - litterature or otherwise - into baby talk rather pathetic?

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

true. editing the past to conform to the present always erases what distinguished the past in the first place, for better or for worse.

TNP wonders what the hell is wrong with american shooting each other all the time.

set the function, not the mechanism.

Asmodean

True. Always have.

The next person wonders what the hell is wrong with Russians, for shooting someone else... But also each other. But mostly someone else?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding.

False, it's just a thing humans do now and then.

I was telling my beloved about the Roald Dahl, nonsense.
She, a preschool teacher mentioned the song:
three fat sausages sizzling in the pan,
one went pop, one went bang

The sausages can't be described as fat any more, just sausages.

The Np thinks this stuff is nearly a laugh, but really a cry

Dark Lightning

False, I think bowdlerizing books is pathetically stupid, and serves nobody.

TNP Has read some of Roald Dahl's stories.

billy rubin

true

charlie and the chocolate factory, back 60 years ago

and its odious sequel, which deserves to be forgotten

tnp has not foregotten the odious sequel

set the function, not the mechanism.

Tank

True, Because until now I was unaware there was and odious sequel.

The following individual likes the smell of hyacinths?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Ecurb Noselrub

True, but I prefer gardenias and honeysuckles.

TNP has seen a bear in the wild.

Tank

False. Something I am both pleased and disappointed by.

TNP has suffered from sleep paralysis?

Anne D.

True. It usually happens when I nap during the day but sometimes happens at night. I'd rather have that than be a sleepwalker, though.

The next person has awakened suddenly and found they couldn't breathe because a cat was laying across their face.