News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Game: The Next Person... (true or false)

Started by Amicale, May 21, 2012, 10:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

true.

meat.

i dislike meat. cows, pigs, birds, fish, sheep.

and bugs.

now that im no longer on the road im back to vegetarian, vegan whenever possible.

hate that stuff.

TNP can answer this question:

why is every job i hear advertized on the radio part of a "fast paced environmebt."

are there no jobs in a slow or medoum paced environment?

set the function, not the mechanism.

The Magic Pudding.

To discourage old people from applying Billy.

The Next gives Denethor no more than 7 out of 10 for his cherry tomato eating style, and thinks they could do better.

Asmodean

6 out of 10. It works, but the efficiency is lacking.

The next person has been to a concert or a festival since the Evil Flu restrictions were lifted?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

No one

Several.

The following poster has recently witnessed/been subject to, their parents and the mattress mambo.

The Magic Pudding.

False

The next had not considered that their now being dead might mean this appalling scenario is now possible.

Ecurb Noselrub

Did you mean "not being dead"? Anyway, false. The scenario is not possible whether I am dead or alive.

TNP likes Thanksgiving better than Christmas (not expecting non-USAers to care).

Asmodean

...And We (Royal "we." Because The Asmo.) do not. About either.

Seriously though, I don't mind Christmas. Minus all the stress and shameless consumerism and visiting people you don't like to do things you find boring... In spite of all that, or perhaps partly because of it... There is something special about that time of the year. Would I rather not? Perhaps. Still, there would be "less" in the world because of it, somehow.

Rollover question because non-target audience.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding.

False, Christmas means holidays, summer holidays, six weeks if you're a school kid, I'm taking four this year.  Thanksgiving means Black Friday sales which are OK but holidays are better.

The Next wonders how many people Billy R has and where he keeps them.

Tank

True! But not until you asked the question. He's got a lot of land to hide them.

TNP has had a paranoid feeling that turned out to be real.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding.

False
The Next had a real feeling that to their relief/disappointment/other emotion turned out to be perfectly normal paranoia everyone in the universe gets.

billy rubin

false

i dont get paranoid much. i dont break laws anymore, or at least not many.

well not important ones anyway.

and i only have two furroners in the house.  jonah is from uganda and lucia is spanish. shes very quiet and reads but jonah watches how-to video game tutorials on his telephone at full volume. then i have three of my own atm, plus me and my lovely wife. so its not as full as.it could be

TNP has looked into a giant runni g garbage compactor and asked himself

what if i fell into that thing?

set the function, not the mechanism.

Ecurb Noselrub

Partially true - every time I see a big machine I wonder what it would be like if I fell into it, got caught up in it, got rolled over by it, etc.

TNP has successfully grown carrots at some point in the past.

Tank

True. But only once. The first place I owned that had a garden I turned into a vegetable plot.They tasted really good.

TNP gets a great sense of satisfaction from repairing things?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

True. Repairing, building, prototyping - even disassembly. It's about the process as much as the result.

Conversely, I get massively frustrated by not having that one bloody bolt and what blithering idiot packed this shit with that one bolt missing and SMITE everybody IMMEDIATELY! >:( ...Oh! That looks suspiciously like the lost bolt right there. Uh... Nevermind. :shifty:

The next person has bought at least one piece of IKEA furniture with no missing OR extra parts?
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tom62

True, even more than once

TNP found it very amusing that Japan won from Germany and Saudi Arabia from Argentina in Qatar.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein