News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Is it strange I have a favorite pair of shoes...

Started by ThinkAnarchy, May 12, 2012, 08:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThinkAnarchy

I only have a pair of worn out sneakers, black steve maddens for black suites, and my brown shoes that I can wear with nearly anything.

I only really asked because I was bored and dressed waiting around to leave for an event. I needed something to do. And posting this provided me with a bit of entertainment in the interim.

Added: Most men I know don't seem to care about their shoes to much which is why I wondered if I was an oddball. I'm also one of the few straight men I know who proudly admits to liking Project Runway.
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

Jimmy

Not strange at all. I have two pair of crappy dress shoes, one black and one brown, and they are called Crapsheim and are really uncomfortable, and I have a pair of Vans, a pair of Nike Air, a pair of running sneakers, and a pair of leather work boots that I've had for like eight years and have beaten the hell out of. I love the boots the best, although they've recently become rather uncomfortable and I may have to get a new pair. Point is, boots are awesome.
For if there be no Prospect beyond the Grave, the inference is certainly right, Let us eat and drink, les us enjoy what we delight in, for to morrow we shall die.   ~John Locke~

kitty

Quote from: Ali on May 14, 2012, 02:30:15 AM
Quote from: Crow on May 13, 2012, 11:07:59 PM
Quote from: kitty on May 13, 2012, 09:33:57 PM
5 pairs???
i think i maight have 5 shelves...

I am very much the same. I usually limit myself to about 5 pairs per season.

Okay sure, 5 per season, but what about the ones that you buy to match a certain outfit and then they hurt your feet and you never wear them again?  What do you do, just throw those away?  That's wasteful.   >:(

thats why i have so many, i cant throw them away lol.
most of them i've owned for longer than i can remember.
Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? (Douglas Adams)

OldGit

Being unwilling to throw away a pair of shoes is quite normal.  The strange ones are those who can't throw away one shoe.

Guardian85

Quote from: OldGit on May 14, 2012, 11:01:35 AM
Being unwilling to throw away a pair of shoes is quite normal.  The strange ones are those who can't throw away one shoe.

The last time I threw away a pair of shoes they were literaly held together with duct tape.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Crow

Quote from: Ali on May 14, 2012, 02:30:15 AM
Quote from: Crow on May 13, 2012, 11:07:59 PM
Quote from: kitty on May 13, 2012, 09:33:57 PM
5 pairs???
i think i maight have 5 shelves...

I am very much the same. I usually limit myself to about 5 pairs per season.

Okay sure, 5 per season, but what about the ones that you buy to match a certain outfit and then they hurt your feet and you never wear them again?  What do you do, just throw those away?  That's wasteful.   >:(

Oh I will wear them unless they are particularly bad as some just need breaking in, this is nearly always the situation with leather lined shoes and those made in Italy, England, Portugal and the US because they use good quality materials that need to go soft. If this is the reason for them hurting I will just apply thick cotton plasters to the areas they hurt and usually find within 5 wears they are fine. But if they hurt because they are poorly made, I will take them back especially if they are in the designer price range, no chance I am wasting money for a pair to just sit there.

I have no problem throwing them away as long as they can not be worn again, otherwise I will give them to charity or sell them on ebay if they are limited editions or designer.
Retired member.

ThinkAnarchy

Quote from: OldGit on May 14, 2012, 11:01:35 AM

You never know when the other one will suddenly appear. One pair of waterproof work boots I owned were no longer waterproof, the soles were held on by ducttape, and they began growing mold. With work shoes, I keep them until they disintegrate.
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.