News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Joining the revolt

Started by harte.beest, May 13, 2012, 02:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harte.beest

I'm here to sign up for the revolution :D!!!, and the upcoming War On Religion. I have a lot of questions like: who were supposed to kill first, where the detention centers are being built, and where do I receive my weapon. But! I figured I'd just ask for the info upfront, so is there a pamphlet or a website or what ????

Amicale

1. We're supposed to kill superstition and ignorance, and replace it as best we can with critical thought and information.
2. We're converting any current Creation Museums into detention centers for the purpose of re-educatation, deprogramming, and courses in logic as well as how to get along with fellow humans without wanting them killed. Your number is 57102. Take a seat in a blue chair, I'll give you your textbook shortly.
3. Your weapons are as follows: a healthy sense of skepticism, a desire for community, a good sense of humour, and the ability to ask questions and lead by example.
4. No pamphlet. This website and several others. ;)

Welcome!

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Buddy

My troll senses are tingling.  ::)
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Amicale

Quote from: Budhorse4 on May 13, 2012, 03:22:13 AM
My troll senses are tingling.  ::)

It could be someone with an offbeat, quirky sense of humour. I never can tell based on a single hello post. So I prefer to hope for more folks who simply have weird senses of humour. We can never have too many of those. :) Right, harte.beest?

I mean, a grassland antelope has joined our midst! How often does THAT happen?!? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hartebeest

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

Firebird

Quote from: Budhorse4 on May 13, 2012, 03:22:13 AM
My troll senses are tingling.  ::)

Agreed.
No war, just looking for recognition and respect. Welcome to the forum if that's why you're here too.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

harte.beest

Yes I'm kidding... of course I am.... ;).... killing innocent christian children c'mon who would do that ::)??

;) 57102 :-X

Amicale

Quote from: harte.beest on May 13, 2012, 03:54:06 AM
Yes I'm kidding... of course I am.... ;).... killing innocent christian children c'mon who would do that ::)??

;) 57102 :-X

57102. I chose it for no reason other than it being the model number for the iRobot Roomba Robotic Vacuum. Those things are sweet.  :D

And I figured since you wanted to be in some kinda army, a robot army would be cool. ;) They can amass together AND clean your rug all at once!

Buddy

Well then. I apologize. Welcome to the forum  :)
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

The Magic Pudding

I hadn't heard about the war, I thought we'd decided against it.
No one seemed keen to take on the role of cannon fodder.
We do have an Atheist escape ark under construction on the moon's dark side.

And if we do have to resort to killing we won't call it killing.
Currently liberation from delusion is the most popular euphemism with the committee.

Hello harte.beest

We're actually quite kind to Christians you know, if they play nice.

harte.beest

Yes... Liberation From Delusion ;)... SO... what is my first assignment ???

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: harte.beest on May 13, 2012, 04:28:27 AM

Bring us a shrubbery!
One that looks nice.
And not too expensive.

Recusant

Hello and welcome to HAF, harte.beest. I admit I have a hard time finding amusement in topics like killing and detention centers.    On the other hand, I've been known to at least smile at images of baby sandwiches. It's a matter of the degree of plausibility and historical precedent, I suppose.

QuoteNotes for new members from Tank:

The Rules.

Users who comply with forum rules will graduate to full membership after 10 posts. Till that time your ability to post is limited to the "Getting to Know You" section of the forum. It is our hope that this small restriction improves the overall atmosphere of HAF.

Some threads you might find interesting.
Where did you get your username from?
10 Things About Yourself
Tell us A Bit About Where You're From
Photography
Non-religious pet peeves
Pets...what do you have?
How to tell your family you are an atheist.*
"Rules for Conducting a Discussion" by Dr. Mortimer J. Adler*

*You will need 10 posts before you can add a post to this thread, but you can read it at any time.

I hope you enjoy your time reading and posting here!

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

harte.beest

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on May 13, 2012, 04:35:01 AM
Quote from: harte.beest on May 13, 2012, 04:28:27 AM

Bring us a shrubbery!
One that looks nice.
And not too expensive.

Sir, is this the shrubbery you request, Sir?

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: harte.beest on May 13, 2012, 04:54:36 AM

Sir, is this the shrubbery you request, Sir?

No that isn't nice at all.

Don't make me say...

harte.beest

Quote from: Recusant on May 13, 2012, 04:49:15 AM
Hello and welcome to HAF, harte.beest. I admit I have a hard time finding amusement in topics like killing and detention centers.    On the other hand, I've been known to at least smile at images of baby sandwiches. It's a matter of the degree of plausibility and historical precedent, I suppose.

QuoteNotes for new members from Tank:

The Rules.

Users who comply with forum rules will graduate to full membership after 10 posts. Till that time your ability to post is limited to the "Getting to Know You" section of the forum. It is our hope that this small restriction improves the overall atmosphere of HAF.

Some threads you might find interesting.
Where did you get your username from?
10 Things About Yourself
Tell us A Bit About Where You're From
Photography
Non-religious pet peeves
Pets...what do you have?
How to tell your family you are an atheist.*
"Rules for Conducting a Discussion" by Dr. Mortimer J. Adler*

*You will need 10 posts before you can add a post to this thread, but you can read it at any time.

I hope you enjoy your time reading and posting here!

Phew!!! Just finished posting in all the threads you listed, tried reading some, but a few are very long. I did not post in the last one, because I wish to file a FORMAL PROTEST: You cannot have a discussion with those who do not listen. (hence the upcoming genocide)