Author Topic: What's on your mind today?  (Read 267172 times)

Sandra Craft

• Surprisingly OK
  • Global Moderator
  • The Cure for Boredom is Curiosity. There is No Cure For Curiosity.
Re: What's on your mind today?
« Reply #12300 on: March 09, 2018, 02:12:08 AM »

If you think I look fat for a soldier, I am. But I am also wearing five layers of clothes.

Actually, my first guess was multiple layers.  Given some of the pictures you've shared on FB.
Sandy

"I think this is the prettiest world -- as long as you don't mind a little dying, how could there be a day in your whole life that doesn't have its splash of happiness?"  from The Kingfisher, by Mary Oliver

jumbojak

• Chandler's Pale Cock Slurper
  • Guardian of Reason
  • The Iconic Iconoclast
« Reply #12301 on: March 09, 2018, 02:17:47 AM »
I'm considering buying a bass guitar. Give me something to do in the middle of the night when I can't sleep. Might be able to mess with the dog too...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub
" Please hold your high school or college math books in higher esteem than
your copy of the KJV. " - Icarus

Essie Mae

• Free to think.
  • Not Defeated by the Dark Night of the Soul
  • I Hope Uncle Bert is still my friend.
« Reply #12302 on: March 09, 2018, 10:43:58 PM »
I'm considering buying a bass guitar. Give me something to do in the middle of the night when I can't sleep. Might be able to mess with the dog too...

Do you have understanding neighbours?
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

jumbojak

• Guardian of Reason
  • The Iconic Iconoclast
« Reply #12303 on: March 10, 2018, 01:17:42 AM »

Do you have understanding neighbours?

No, I'm pretty sure they hate me. So it's no biggie. :)

Buddy

• The queen of bad ideas.
  • Guardian of Reason
  • SMLLKAR
« Reply #12304 on: March 10, 2018, 03:21:03 AM »
I just got back into Indiana after spending the week in Michigan. I had to stop by my parents’ place to pick up my house key because I left it with them in case of an emergency. On way there I passed an accident that had just happened. The whole side of the road had been blocked off with police and four ambulances. I got through okay and continued on my journey but on my way home they had both sides of the highway completely stopped so they could land helicopters to airlift people. I counted three altogether. I sat in traffic for 45 minutes. As I passed through the scene again once traffic started moving I got a good look at the cars. I’ll be surprised if there wasn’t a fatality. One car was completely destroyed with blood everywhere and the truck that hit it was missing the front end.

I really hope that everyone involved turns out okay.
Hell hath no fury like me when I’m slightly inconvenienced and hungry.

I love my car more than I love most people.

jumbojak

• Guardian of Reason
  • The Iconic Iconoclast
« Reply #12305 on: March 10, 2018, 03:43:33 AM »
I've run through a few accidents like that. The last one involved a guy who grew up maybe 200 yards from my old house. He never said much as a kid but the accident nearly crippled him for life. The other driver, who caused the accident, didn't make it onto the Nightingale.

Dragonia

• Not Afraid of the Exorcist
« Reply #12306 on: March 11, 2018, 03:17:20 PM »
Ugh, I hate passing terrible accidents......I find my eyes leaking a little sometimes.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Buddy

• The queen of bad ideas.
  • Guardian of Reason
  • SMLLKAR
« Reply #12307 on: March 12, 2018, 12:14:21 AM »
So I’m scrolling through the amazon music app looking for a playlist to listen to and I noticed one titled “Happy listening.” The first song was Pumped Up Kicks. I think amazon has a sick definition of happy music.

Hell hath no fury like me when I’m slightly inconvenienced and hungry.

I love my car more than I love most people.

Arturo

• Do Something Crazy!
  • Has an Invisible Dragon in Their Garage
  • Atheist, Humanist, and Champion
    • Arturo The1  リ壱
« Reply #12308 on: March 13, 2018, 03:09:33 PM »
I was asking the Arabic girl who works at the gym yesterday if she could teach me a little bit of Arabic because there is a Persian lady in my apartment building who asks me to help her often and who I cannot understand. But I think the girl at the gym called me "dog shit" and disguised it as teaching me to speak, and tbh when I think back on it that was kind of hot.

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

• Formerly known as Gloucester
  • Wears a Colander Hat for Special Occasions
« Reply #12309 on: March 13, 2018, 04:48:27 PM »
I was asking the Arabic girl who works at the gym yesterday if she could teach me a little bit of Arabic because there is a Persian lady in my apartment building who asks me to help her often and who I cannot understand. But I think the girl at the gym called me "dog shit" and disguised it as teaching me to speak, and tbh when I think back on it that was kind of hot.

Ah, Persians aren't Arabs and Farsi, or Persian, is their national  language. Your neighbour may know some Arabic from reading the Koran if she is a Muslim, or more if she is well educated, but don't count on it, Arturo!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.

Arturo

• Do Something Crazy!
    • Arturo The1  リ壱
« Reply #12310 on: March 13, 2018, 04:59:58 PM »

Ah, Persians aren't Arabs and Farsi, or Persian, is their national  language. Your neighbour may know some Arabic from reading the Koran if she is a Muslim, or more if she is well educated, but don't count on it, Arturo!

I know what I'm getting into. You don't know either of these people I'm speaking about and I think that is making you confused.

Arturo The1  リ壱

hermes2015

• Buddies With Uncle Bert
« Reply #12311 on: March 13, 2018, 05:14:03 PM »

I know what I'm getting into. You don't know either of these people I'm speaking about and I think that is making you confused.

:picard facepalm:

Tank

• Fed up with stupid.
  • Administrator
  • Excellent and Indefatigable Guardian of Reason
« Reply #12312 on: March 13, 2018, 05:28:04 PM »

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
“Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt.” ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Arturo

• Do Something Crazy!
    • Arturo The1  リ壱
« Reply #12313 on: March 13, 2018, 08:30:31 PM »
And what does that mean?

Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

• Butterfly of Doom.
  • Don't Pray in My School, and I Won't Think in Your Church
« Reply #12314 on: March 13, 2018, 08:40:08 PM »
And what does that mean?
:secrets1: I think they want you to read this, again...slowly: